SASS Wire Forum

Walmart requires mask. Clothing is optional

4 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

They can't make me anyhow.

They can’t make you wear a mask but they can keep you out of their stores

6 hours ago, Black Hills Barb said:

I was at WalMart this morning.  While wearing a mask is now mandatory, wearing it correctly obviously is not.  Employees and shoppers alike wore masks both under the nose and on the chin........

I have seen a few dumb a$$es here and there walking around with the mask hanging off of one ear.

Cool fashion statement I guess.

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

With gas prices on the rise,  I'll probably do more shopping online. 

It’s a rare day we don’t get packages from UPS, FedEx, or USPS.

21 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

They can’t make you wear a mask but they can keep you out of their stores

If they try to stop me because I'm not wearing a mask AFTER I claim "Medical Exemption", I'll call them out for violation of the Americans with Disability Act. 

I simply do not care enough to even raise an eyebrow.
I look at masks the same as giving your social security number at military gates:  entirely voluntary.
If you choose not to volunteer your SS number, you are denied entry.

I understand the outrage at gov't intervention, etc, but masking up is a red herring.

The 800 pound gorilla in the room is the Marxist game plan going down right under our noses.

• Demoralize
• Destabilize
• Crisis
• Normalization

The first step in the Marxist playbook makes you believe your civilization is lost.
An example of this is current white people apologizing for the actions of their ancestors.

The second step is a rapid decline on the societal structure.
Destroy the economy, disband the police, the military, and abandon control of our borders.
COVID19 is the perfect method to destabilize the order of America.

The third stage is Crisis, which is the George Floyd and other racial upheavals intended to bring about cultural collapse.

The last stage is Normalization, where the cultural revolution is now in place.
Patriotism, American history in old statues, monuments and names are gone, replaced by the Cancel Culture and Marxism.

This game plan has gone down all around the world.
It is going down now in America, while folks complain about wearing a mask which diverts their attention away from the larger issue.

25 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I look at masks the same as giving your social security number at military gates:  entirely voluntary.

I understand the outrage at gov't intervention, etc, but masking up is a red herring.

The 800 pound gorilla in the room is the Marxist game plan going down right under our noses.

• Demoralize
• Destabilize
• Crisis
• Normalization

The first step in the Marxist playbook makes you believe your civilization is lost.
An example of this is current white people apologizing for the actions of their ancestors.

Destroy the economy, disband the police, the military, and abandon control of our borders.

The third stage is Crisis, which is the George Floyd and other racial upheavals intended to bring about cultural collapse.

Patriotism, American history in old statues, monuments and names are gone, replaced by the Cancel Culture and Marxism.

It is going down now in America, while folks complain about wearing a mask which diverts their attention away from the larger issue.

NOW do you believe in a conspiracy?

3 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

If they try to stop me because I'm not wearing a mask AFTER I claim "Medical Exemption", I'll call them out for violation of the Americans with Disability Act. 

If you check the ADA you will find that there are exceptions to the act which allow them to require you to wear the mask 

Ya know guys.......I just can't see the big deal about wearing a mask for 20 minutes while inside a business. It's kind of like wearing a seat belt while driving.  I don't like it, I don't like it but it may save my life in the event of a crash. I don't like wearing a mask but my respiratory issues require that I do. I sincerely believe that if everyone had been wearing masks from the beginning of this crap, it would have been minimized to a non factor.

2 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Not arguing the point, but would like to know more. Could you site that for me?

With out wading through the whole act this is what I found 

asized.

Coronavirus and 'direct threat'

Even if a person could identify their disability and prove that not wearing a mask without any other precaution was a reasonable request, “the business could still turn that person away based on the direct threat” that they posed to others, according to Roberts.

A “direct threat” under the ADA is any substantial risk to the health and safety a disabled person poses to others, which cannot be countered with reasonable accommodations.

The standard is normally cited in employer-employee relationships, but experts and regulators agree that COVID-19 poses a threat to businesses when interacting with customers. Businesses also have plenty of legal precedent for protecting themselves in the name of public health.

20 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

They haven't even tried at most stores.  There is no way they can enforce it.

Sure they can if the store orders you to leave and you refuse you can be arrested for defiant trespass 

1 hour ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Sure they can if the store orders you to leave and you refuse you can be arrested for defiant trespass 

Yeah, that's a $50.00 fine plus about another $50.00 in court costs. IF I don't leave the store, but I can stay on the premises outside about a 20 foot distance from any entrance.  I can't accost anyone in the parking lot, either, but I can wait until I'm ready to leave.  They can do a citizen's arrest but cannot detain me.  When an officer arrives the store officials can do a citizen's arrest and the officer can take me into custody, but the citizen who makes the arrest must accompany me to the station at that time to file a formal charge.  If I don't challenge it I'll pay a fine and it doesn't even go on my record.

I'm not overly concerned and if it does happen I'll go online, to newspapers and other electronic media and raise hell.  Right, wrong, or indifferent they will suffer the publicity far more than I will.

Remember, this is Arizona, and outside of the Phoenix mega-hive complex we have more freedom than most places and you couldn't drag me to Phoenix withou tone hell of a fight.

47 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Yeah, that's a $50.00 fine plus about another $50.00 in court costs. IF I don't leave the store, but I can stay on the premises outside about a 20 foot distance from any entrance.  I can't accost anyone in the parking lot, either, but I can wait until I'm ready to leave.  They can do a citizen's arrest but cannot detain me.  When an officer arrives the store officials can do a citizen's arrest and the officer can take me into custody, but the citizen who makes the arrest must accompany me to the station at that time to file a formal charge.  If I don't challenge it I'll pay a fine and it doesn't even go on my record.

I'm not overly concerned and if it does happen I'll go online, to newspapers and other electronic media and raise hell.  Right, wrong, or indifferent they will suffer the publicity far more than I will.

Remember, this is Arizona, and outside of the Phoenix mega-hive complex we have more freedom than most places and you couldn't drag me to Phoenix withou tone hell of a fight.

In Pennsylvania the fine with costs is a shade less than $400. In order to file a private complaint you must first have the District Attorney sign off on it

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

In TN you wouldn't be allowed to stay on the premises. Anywhere on their property you would not be allowed to stay. Even the back of the parking lot. Its not public parking.

47 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

In TN you wouldn't be allowed to stay on the premises. Anywhere on their property you would not be allowed to stay. Even the back of the parking lot. Its not public parking.

Actually this is up to the township, city or county.  Gotta be a little careful because the laws change from place to place.  It's confusing and not worth the satisfaction.  In some cases the line is at the edge of the parking lot, other it's public sidewalks bordering the lot.  Like I said, it's not worth the satisfaction and I don't have the money to challenge them.

9 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

It's the same in Florida + if they tell you to leave, you don't and happen to be carrying a concealed weapon.....it's armed trespass. Not a good situation you want to find yourself in.

On 7/16/2020 at 8:40 PM, bgavin said:

• Demoralize
• Destabilize
• Crisis
• Normalization

The tin foil is in aisle 4

If the government ordering people to wear masks was about safety, they would have put a stop to all protests/riots, not just conservatives having a freedom rally. They have hotlines to report on your neighbors, but not to report rioters and looters. They said it wasn't safe to go to the dentist, abortion clinics are good to go. They let convicted criminals out of jail and threaten us with jail time.

On 7/17/2020 at 8:45 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Actually this is up to the township, city or county.  Gotta be a little careful because the laws change from place to place.  It's confusing and not worth the satisfaction.  In some cases the line is at the edge of the parking lot, other it's public sidewalks bordering the lot.  Like I said, it's not worth the satisfaction and I don't have the money to challenge them.

No, I am referring to Tennessee code 39-14-405 criminal trespass defined as when an individual enters or remains on any portion of the property without the owners consent. I have had to have several charged.

18 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

It's the same in Florida + if they tell you to leave, you don't and happen to be carrying a concealed weapon.....it's armed trespass. Not a good situation you want to find yourself in.

In Arizona it's a misdemeanor.....the first time.

I've noticed employees outside Safeway and Walmart asking people to wear masks. So, I do.  They are probably making minimum wage and, therefore, don't get paid enough to take any crap. Nor, do they have either the skills or personal situation to walk away from a job. The governor, Nuisance (sp.), has decreed it be so. ;) I'm hoping he will alienate his voter base in, at least, California.

If you have a problem with wearing a mask, just shop somewhere that doesn't require them.

I am not yet convinced that I am being controlled sufficiently to make a stink when asked to wear a mask. Now if a SJW makes a stink when I'm not wearing one where it is allowed to not wear one, I will tell them either/or/both "they are not the boss of me" and/or "call the Sheriff."

I have said to "busy bodies,"  "I suggest you mind your own business" and walked away. I have called the Sheriff when my rights were infringed.

Archived