SASS Wire Forum

My morning so far

Utah Bob #35998

After fixing the atv tank sprayer and getting some weeds kilt, I decided to remove the three rock circles in the front yard that used to contain shrubs. The previous owner put them in and then put some plants that were not drought friendly. Been mowing around the circles for years. Turns out the rocks he used were hefty. Had to go get a shovel to dig em out. I threw abut 300 lbs of em in the wheel barrow and found one of the tires is flat. I just pumped it up yesterday. Took me an hour to find the cinch strap to purtthe tire back on the rim. So I at least knew where the strap was. Went to fill the portable air tank. Found the old crank air hose reel I used before I got a spring- loaded one was in the way. Got some wrenches and eventually got it off the compressor stand. Then I had to free the frozen quick connect fittings to get the air chuck on the hose.

Pumped up said tank. Took it over to the wheel barrow and of course had to dump the rocks to get the barrow on it's side to get the strap on the tire to pump it up. Tire is dry rotted. Wouldn't hold air.

But Aha! I have a couple of tires in the barn that I bought at a yard sale once. Brand new. Dug em out. Wheels are for a 3/4" axele. Axle on the barrow is 5/8". I could get a piece of steel rod stock from IFA and use that. But I'd have to fashion new brackes to get it on the frame.

Ordered two new tires from Amazon.

Now I have to put a new tarp on the front of the woodshed.

But it's lunchtime. I think I'll take the rest of the day off.

It's still great to be home. :lol:

Keep that up and you'll have to change the name of your ranch!

Still glad you're home, though!

Ain’t that the way it often is?  :wacko:  :(  :angry:
A little job turns into one problem after the other.

Cat Brules

1 hour ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

The theme song from "Green Acres" is running through my head for some reason.

:)

Or Benny Hill. ;)

Round trip to VA and donated blood to our blood sucker. Breakfast out, Lowes for stuff. On the way back home stopped by my mechanic to see about oil change Monday. Home, stuff, then be digging and planting during the afternoon. 

Archived