SASS Wire Forum

SASS Promotion

2 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Good for them, it's a shame the others havent made more national effort.

Imis

You  mean like SASS? :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Good for them, it's a shame the others havent made more national effort.

Imis

Taylor's and Cimmaron have been showing up at local 3 day and regional, and national shoots for years! I even bought a rifle at a regional shoot from Taylor's. Colt used to make a SASS revolver as well as Ruger did also. I think Henry is late to the game myself but I welcome them with open arms!!

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Taylor's and Cimmaron have been showing up at local 3 day and regional, and national shoots for years! I even bought a rifle at a regional shoot from Taylor's. Colt used to make a SASS revolver as well as Ruger did also. I think Henry is late to the game myself but I welcome them with open arms!!

There is, I think, a notable difference between sponsorship and cross-marketing.  

Henry, adding SASS-related content to their webpage, is making a commitment to expanding our game through new membership.  Look at some of the replies - these are good indicators of interest by new comers, rather than activity aimed strictly at generating more sales for their brand.  Both are healthy, but I'm glad to see Henry trying to raise SASS's profile and drive new members to the clubs.

All boats float on a rising tide.

LL

Henry has always promoted SASS. Like when they said the a Big Boy was a SASS legal gun....and it wasn’t.

35 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

There is, I think, a notable difference between sponsorship and cross-marketing.  

Henry, adding SASS-related content to their webpage, is making a commitment to expanding our game through new membership.  Look at some of the replies - these are good indicators of interest by new comers, rather than activity aimed strictly at generating more sales for their brand.  Both are healthy, but I'm glad to see Henry trying to raise SASS's profile and drive new members to the clubs.

LL

I just wish they'd work with a CAS gunsmith and make a good side gate loading rifle specifically for CAS.

48 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

LL

I respectfully disagree, Henry is promoting their products for sale just as much as the other companies. It’s all about the money no matter how you spin it . Cimmaron,  Taylor’s and EMF has been supporting this sport since almost the beginning. (Does US Grant ring a bell? ) Unlike Henry they actually listen to us shooters and make products we want unlike Henry who makes their own versions of what they think we want!

I love the look of the Big Boy, but the lack of a side loading gate kind of throws it off.  Also, I've never heard of anyone slicking up a Henry, I'm thinking that the action would feel similar to a Marlin '94 but that's a WAG.

2 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I love the look of the Big Boy, but the lack of a side loading gate kind of throws it off.  Also, I've never heard of anyone slicking up a Henry, I'm thinking that the action would feel similar to a Marlin '94 but that's a WAG.

I think they're UGLY.

I've heard of a very few that have tried, I think one even tried to short stroke one; not much luck. At best they can be smoothed up some, but from many reports 8 out of 10 jam at any speed and very few even make it through a match without issues. Kinda sucks because outside of CAS they're really good American Made guns. Like I mentioned earlier, I wish they'd get with Lassiter, Broomstick, etc. and make a real CAS gun and then disallow the Big Boy.

They have shown NO interest in working with this Smith when I offered to work with them in making a Better Big Boy for our Game ...

Jabez Cowboy

2 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

As much as Steel Challenge loves CAS shooters showing up (preferably dressed in our duds), the Big Boy is not legal in that sport specifically due to the lack of a side loading gate.

A polished-brass blingy gun with potential from basic slicking to full-race modifications with a side loading gate is an opportunity Henry is still missing out on.

Just now, John Kloehr said:

But aside from my recent post trashing them out, it is good to see Henry promoting this sport!

Stating facts isn't trashing.

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

1. Cpl. Birdgun Quail current S.A.S.S World Champion Baptist

SALOOT!  :D:FlagAm:

12 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Wouldn't be great, if Henry would start make'n a SASS legal SxS shotgun :excl:

Hey Henry-HINT HINT ;)

OLG 

YES Indeed!

but I'd settle for a SASS useable rifle.

16 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Henry has always promoted SASS. Like when they said the a Big Boy was a SASS legal gun....and it wasn’t.

It wasn't then and, according to the rules that existed at the time they introduced it, it still isn't today.  It's still not an original or replica of a design from the period.  The only thing period about one is the historic name the company acquired the rights to use.

Those multi-page color ads in the Chronicle, primary sponsorships for matches, etc... went a long way towards overruling the existing rules and the vote at the local club level, too.

Not that Henry had a choice but to do something about it not being SASS legal- since their entire ad campaign for the rifle when it was introduced was focused on how the Big Boy was a great gun for the sport that it wasn't even legal for use in.

Odd how I still don't own a Henry, isn't it?

I don’t want a Henry; I never did.  It’s a poorly-bred ugly device, unsuitable for CAS.

Cat Brules

I like my Henry. It’s made by Uberti. :lol:

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS A SNARKY REPLY AND MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE FOR ALL VIEWERS! VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED! 

Maybe they should hold off until we see what the ( so called) "New and Improved" SASS looks like. Might not need to worry about having to pick a persona and alias. or a cowboy hat, or western wear, or etc...….

20 hours ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS A SNARKY REPLY AND MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE FOR ALL VIEWERS! VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED! 

Maybe they should hold off until we see what the ( so called) "New and Improved" SASS looks like. Might not need to worry about having to pick a persona and alias. or a cowboy hat, or western wear, or etc...….

I hear tell we're gunna be a book club before long.  We'll still be shooting but we'll be shootin the breeze instead.  The big holdup is coming up with new words for SASS. 

On 7/15/2020 at 5:12 PM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

SASS promotions?  And here I thought this thread was going to have a promotion list on it and I'd see my name on the list making me a corporal.  :angry:

You ain't Napoleon  Bonaparte, Birdgun.  You wuz lucky to make PFC.  :D

Archived