SASS Wire Forum

Model 1860 Henry with Scope and Shipping Box

rayman1

Hello, I thought I make my first post showing some finished projects.  I've always wanted to put a scope on my Model 1860 Henry and did so a month ago.  Also wanted to have something to store the rifle in and had an old green box that was for a military rifle or parts.  Long story short, I re-did the box for the rifle.  

Heres the rifle and the wood shipping box:

IMG_5776.JPG

IMG_5779.JPG

IMG_5780.JPG

IMG_5769.JPG

IMG_5770.JPG

IMG_5771.JPG

IMG_5772.JPG

IMG_5775.JPG

IMG_5785.JPG

IMG_5786.JPG

IMG_5788.JPG

IMG_5789.JPG

Wow! Most excellent! As someone who loves shooting the Henry 1860, my hat's off to you.

:D

I think I saw Cord In the show Paradise using one like that the other day.

Largo

1 hour ago, largo casey #19191 said:

I think I saw Cord In the show Paradise using one like that the other day.

Largo

And this one put together by Rayman1 is top shelf!

Thank you all for the super nice comments!

Wyatt Earp, regarding a left handed model - that scope position off to the left really doesn't affect the left handed shooter that much.  My son is left handed and just has to slightly position himself to see the scope.   

Here's another project that I did last year from Brown Bess muskets but it could work for any rifles or muskets.  The style incorporates the 1740's-1840's type construction:

IMG_4421.JPG

IMG_4425.JPG

IMG_4428.JPG

IMG_4429.JPG

IMG_4430.JPG

IMG_4431.JPG

Much thanks to everyone.  I've been making a lot of things such as Colt presentation cases and other gun boxes for a while and trying to get materials/build style down to correctness of the era.  

That is Pretty Cool !!!!!

Bet I know where you got the idea.............

And I Like Yours Better !!!!!!!

Was watching that with the family Sunday evening and realized Doc Brown's crazy rifle looked the same!   

Here's my Sharps rifle that I mounted a similar scope on, along with making an extra 7" length of brass tubing to get it to reach the end of the muzzle.  Talk about a crazy long scope on a crazy long barrel.  It's like a gas line is running on top of it!  Had to modify an old gun case to the Buffalo Hunter days to fit it and look right:

IMG_5758.JPG

IMG_5759.JPG

IMG_5761.JPG

Very nice!!!

Archived