SASS Wire Forum

Covid is getting old. How bout another plague?

Utah Bob #35998

Denver squirrel tests positive for Bubonic Plague

Big deal. Prairie dawgs around here get it al the time.

Most rodents are capable of carrying plague.  IIRC it’s spread, (transmitted) by fleas.

I've known about bubonic plague in rodents here in the Sierra since I was a teen.
Yawn.  We get an occasional case, caught by an astute doctor and promptly treated.

Those needing a new plague... we can look forward to "Son of Fauci or the Return of C19" before the election.
Emperor Newsom is now shutting down California again, and bringing on the Great Depression-II.

The airlines laid off half their employees.
They will no long buy tires, go to the movies, or buy consumer goods... but will retract to survival level purchases.
This will spread to those merchants who will then default on their mortgages, credit cards, vehicles...
This is the classic economic death spiral.... once again brought on by gov't malfeasance.

Nobody here has experienced the real misery of the 1930s.
I'm afraid many of us will be faced with doing just that.

Not news here. But it freaks the Millennials out in Denver. :D

5 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

HOLD ON BOYS. I AM STILL DEALING WITH THOSE KILLER HORNETS THEY ADVERTISED A FEW MONTHS AGO. 

As if this dang mask wasn't burden enough, this bee suit is murder. 

And now ya gotta carry a squirrel rifle too! :lol:

2 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

It'll be over by November elections.  Notice the new outbreaks and lockdown are in states that are must win the electoral votes to win the election?

Oh please.

:rolleyes: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/doctors-in-virus-hot-spots-share-fears-is-this-the-tipping-point/ar-BB16IMxc?li=BBnb7Kz

The city folks lose control of their bladders when they are told that armadillos carry leporsy!! :o  :rolleyes:

GRASSHOPPERS!!

How about a PLAGUE of Grasshoppers?!

THAT’S IT!

Just get about a half-dozen grown ducks and they’ll go NUTS!!

Of course, you will go nuts, too.....Because, they will be quacking and eating grasshoppers maybe 20 hours a day.  But, they will crap everywhere! Also, if it rains they will be up all night quacking to beat Hell

But YEAH!  A grasshopper plague!  Biblical STUFF!  We can put Beto to work on that one..... He will still have an idle mind, but it will give him something else to do with his hands, besides what he’s doing with.them now!

Cat Brules

I have no idea what you all are grasping at...the plague we have in this country that is infesting every state is stupidity, ignorance and political correctness all wrapped as one carcinogenic mental pathogen and it’s affecting millions. 

14 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

HOLD ON BOYS. I AM STILL DEALING WITH THOSE KILLER HORNETS THEY ADVERTISED A FEW MONTHS AGO. 

As if this dang mask wasn't burden enough, this bee suit is murder. 

(Phase in 1950’s horror movie soundtrack music.....)   :o   ;)  !!!

Cat Brules

27 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Actually out in Morrison (Jefferson County) West of Denver.

Close enough for them to freak out. :D

Wife had a Dr's appointment this morning after they discovered she has  cataracts yesterday. Took us 10 minutes to go through the screening in the buildings lobby before we even got to go to the elevator to go up to the second floor. Questions, sensor temp reading( I was 97.3, after checking myself for my job protocol this morning at 97.2). Got to sit in the waiting area for almost two hours before they were done with her, masked the whole time. Not allowed to remove it for anything. Sheeeeesh!

14 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Wife had a Dr's appointment this morning after they discovered she has  cataracts yesterday. Took us 10 minutes to go through the screening in the buildings lobby before we even got to go to the elevator to go up to the second floor. Questions, sensor temp reading( I was 97.3, after checking myself for my job protocol this morning at 97.2). Got to sit in the waiting area for almost two hours before they were done with her, masked the whole time. Not allowed to remove it for anything. Sheeeeesh!

I haven’t even been able to enter a medical building with my wife in 2 months. Either in NC or NM. Have to wait in the car.

Once I cleared the Covid test and reached my assigned room, Schoolmarm was allowed to come to my room. Anyone who could pass the test for entrance and donned a mask could visit, but only one at a time!

She didn’t stay after my surgery, but she was told that it WAS allowed.

55 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Hope you wife's cataract surgery goes as well as my two have.  Had the left eye done on St. Patrick's Day...by an "Irish-American" doctor.  Held off with the right eye until July 7th.  To give the final recheck on the left eye, I had to go in to the doc's office the day before the right eye.  I wore a mask and gloves (the gloves so I didn't have to touch any of the door handles in the building).  But when I went into the examination room, the doctor told me I had to pull the mask down off my nose, and so did he, so we wouldn't fog up the lenses on the machine!  :wacko: Surgery on the right eye went well.  Distance vision in both eyes is almost perfect!  Have to wait at least 3 weeks for the right eye to heal, and I can get new reading (and maybe my 24" shooting glasses) prescriptions.  Then I could start SASS shooting again...if there is any place open to shoot!  Now, here is one...  For my left eye the doctor made the incision in the top of the eye.  But for the right eye, he went in from the right side of the eye.  I asked him why.  "Very simple," said he, "I'm a right-handed surgeon!"  :blink: :rolleyes:

Stay well, Pards!

What could be next...??  How about the Beginning of the End!!  :huh:

(Gotta love the line "You can't drop an atom bomb on Chicago!"  Uh... why not?)  :rolleyes:

Archived