SASS Wire Forum

Judge closes range

Yusta B.

Bar 3 has been forbidden to hold it's July monthly SASS & PCC matches by county judge .....  1f620.png

We’ll let’s see, a good Texas solution that even Gov. Abbott could approve of: rather than hold an outdoor event or gathering of 10 or more people,  schedule 10 or more events of just three or four..... very distinct groups, about the the same time and general vicinity....each group keeps its own score and maybe, just maybe compare notes later on...  Unless something has changed, gun stores and shooting ranges are still essential businesses in TX. 

Hold a Black Lives Matter demonstration at the range with six shooting stages.  Dare the sheriff to cite bust the demonstrators.

Okay----WHY did it get closed?

I would like to hear some more detail on this range closure and to know how the county judge even became involved. With no detail, it sounds like tampering of some kind to me,  Who do you believe is involved in the matter; do you know?

As a simple matter of interest, it really isn’t my business.  However, if you posted the topic for comment.......

Cat Bules

4 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

Hold a Black Lives Matter demonstration at the range with six shooting stages.  Dare the sheriff to cite bust the demonstrators.

To paraphrase someone else Black Powder Matters.

9 hours ago, Yusta B. said:

Bar 3 has been forbidden to hold it's July monthly SASS & PCC matches by county judge .....  1f620.png

Who challenged the match for it to go to a court decision and what was the challenge?

Put away the ropes, fellas. My understanding is that T Bone called the judge and was asked not to hold the shoot in July. Nothing nefarious is going on. 

Seems to be related to a resurgence of Covid in Texas (among other states) and an attempt to reduce Covid cases by banning gatherings, at least in Texas, of more than 10 people.

It's actual the closing/restrictions are mandated by the State... Don't know if "mandated" is the correct word.

Clubs  or any other business can call their county judge and ask for a wavier.

Apparently this judge said no.

Phantom

Maybe the judge is just trying to protect the public and follow the law.  Obviously somebody brought it to the Court's attention. 

If nobody is willing to voluntarily participate in efforts to curtail the obvious fast virus spread, then why should anybody expect the pandemic to end any time soon and/or why should we be surprised if regulation gets tougher?   

By bowing our necks and finding clever ways around requirements and medical recommendations, we are just dragging the pandemic out longer, polarizing the issue worse, and killing more people (130,000 funerals, so far). 

Clever people are their own enemy, leaving few public medicine options except an enforced broad business and recreation lockdown.  

7 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

It's actual the closing/restrictions are mandated by the State... Don't know if "mandated" is the correct word.

Clubs  or any other business can call their county judge and ask for a wavier.

Apparently this judge said no.

Phantom

That's what I am thinking and since Bar-3 match was  shut down by county officer a few months ago, I expect T-bone made the wise decision to call and ask  "status" for July.  Although I'm not sure Judge Williamson is to sympathetic to our cause, he is having to deal with fact that Clarksville & RRC is definitely having a Covid problem as is the whole state.  I would like to think the judge would think seriously hard as to his call come September when time for CAC, which probably draws more people to Red River County for extended period than any other event.  I am a resident of RRC and don't always agree with the position the Honorable takes but maybe the July call has some value.  

20 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

That's what I am thinking and since Bar-3 match was  shut down by county officer a few months ago, I expect T-bone made the wise decision to call and ask  "status" for July.  Although I'm not sure Judge Williamson is to sympathetic to our cause, he is having to deal with fact that Clarksville & RRC is definitely having a Covid problem as is the whole state.  I would like to think the judge would think seriously hard as to his call come September when time for CAC, which probably draws more people to Red River County for extended period than any other event.  I am a resident of RRC and don't always agree with the position the Honorable takes but maybe the July call has some value.  

Being that I lived in Texas and still have "Friends" there (Believe it or not, I do have friends), I'm aware of other clubs that called and got permission from their Judge to hold their July shoots.

It's all up to the Judge...which kinda sucks...

Phantom

Remember to address the current "crisis" in the proper terms.  It is either "Plandemic" or "Panicdemic."  Tons of evidence to support this is out there, if you care to research.  That is one reason they are really not too worried about the protests. 

Even with the false number of infections and attributed deaths, it does not equal a real epidemic.  It truly is looking like another case of the flu that goes around every year - this one was just better "planned for" to make sure we had a good crisis in line with the leftists' desires.

The current infection rates are based on the "covid family" which includes the more common cause of the common cold.  Yes, it is all part of the "family."  So it greatly helps to inflate the stats using this manner.  This has made actual analysis essentially impossible.

Just now, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Being that I lived in Texas and still have "Friends" there (Believe it or not, I do have friends), I'm aware of other clubs that called and got permission from their Judge to hold their July shoots.

Phantom

Yes, it is normally called "tyranny."

3 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Phantom

Exactly.  Not sympathetic to Bar 3 is my thought.

Now flooding a big part of one of the more historic counties in Texas (circa 1832) so DFW can have more water, he is probably 100% for...but that's another story. Did I mention that I do not always agree with the Honorable L. D. W.?

Note:  A couple of weeks ago Hairtrigger Hayes checked with Fannin County official about 10horns having their match first weekend (July 4 & 5).  He got an OK ruling.  The fact that match was on private property seemed to have major baring to decision.  So is Bar-3 but, different individual making decision.

41 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Can you share any more of the details?  For example, which clubs (contacts?) or do you know what the successful clubs proposed as measures to mitigate the virus risks - and convince the judge(s)?  

10 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Can you share any more of the details?  For example, which clubs (contacts?) or do you know what the successful clubs proposed as measures to mitigate the virus risks - and convince the judge(s)?  

Can I share any more details?

Hell no!

Last thing I want to do is draw attention to those clubs or their judge.

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Can I share any more details?

Hell no!

Last thing I want to do is draw attention to those clubs or their judge.

Fair enough.

I was hoping it might help others find a legitimate road through this.  I didn't really think about the attention aspect. 

4 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Maybe the judge is just trying to protect the public and follow the law.  Obviously somebody brought it to the Court's attention. 

If nobody is willing to voluntarily participate in efforts to curtail the obvious fast virus spread, then why should anybody expect the pandemic to end any time soon and/or why should we be surprised if regulation gets tougher?   

By bowing our necks and finding clever ways around requirements and medical recommendations, we are just dragging the pandemic out longer, polarizing the issue worse, and killing more people (130,000 funerals, so far). 

Clever people are their own enemy, leaving few public medicine options except an enforced broad business and recreation lockdown.  

Just curious. 

Not that it will make any difference.

But what LAW is the Judge following?

4 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Being that I lived in Texas and still have "Friends" there (Believe it or not, I do have friends), ...

Phantom

3 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Can I share any more details?...

I'm just a little bit curious about these "friends".    :o

Only kidding, I know Joe Darter would approve of this message.

Jackalope

1 hour ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

Just curious. 

Not that it will make any difference.

But what LAW is the Judge following?

I'm not from Texas and I don't know their administrative law structures there. 

That's why I said "Maybe". 

My understanding is that the Governor has issued an Executive Order.  In many states, that becomes promulgated as a State Regulation and is binding and enforceable, just like any other reg. It all depends on how Exec Orders are treated in their particular State Constitution.  Most state constitutions have provision for emergency quarantine and other public protection regulations to be put in place by the State Health Officer and enforced by State Police.  Perhaps a Texas lawyer can better explain the legal framework behind this shutdown  situation. 

In CA, only the *county* health officer has the authority to quarantine.
Not the governor
Not the State Health Dept.
Only the *county* health officer.

He does NOT have the authority to quarantine the healthy, shut down businesses or enforce social distancing.
The governor has a large army of big cops, with big guns, riding big horses to enforce his "guidelines."

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

In CA, only the *county* health officer has the authority to quarantine.
Not the governor
Not the State Health Dept.
Only the *county* health officer.

He does NOT have the authority to quarantine the healthy, shut down businesses or enforce social distancing.
The governor has a large army of big cops, with big guns, riding big horses to enforce his "guidelines."

That's helpful.   Thank you.

In this present case, how can the empowered officials know who is sick or who is healthy without testing and retesting  everybody every day?  That unknown info seems to be a big part of this overall COVID problem.  It's why most jurisdictions have relied (feebly) upon voluntary compliance based on public information.   

- And, sadly, the novel Coronavirus is loving the confusion.  

58 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

That's helpful.   Thank you.

In this present case, how can the empowered officials know who is sick or who is healthy without testing and retesting  everybody every day?  That unknown info seems to be a big part of this overall COVID problem.  It's why most jurisdictions have relied (feebly) upon voluntary compliance based on public information.   

- And, sadly, the novel Coronavirus is loving the confusion.  

Good point.  The solution of course is to lock everyone up.?

In New York and a few others, others, they sent send known sick to be in rest homes etc to be sure the projections are met.

They appear to care and some may actually care in their ignorance.

This is a take over, there is no doubt about it.  They are merely using a health scare as their tool - as they have been planning for over a decade.

It is estimated that almost 7 million Americans died as a result of the 1929 depression.  The economic impacts of the politicians actions may well result in similar deaths.  What is most scary is that over 50% of American was relatively self sufficient then.  Now it is less than 10% so the possible death toll is expected to be much larger if we have a similar depression as the Left is actively planning and working for.  (Yes they announced this last year as an effort defeat Trump and take over the nation.)

Some experts now predict well over 10 million deaths of otherwise well people due to the actions being proposed.

On 7/14/2020 at 10:17 AM, Dusty Devil Dale said:

If nobody is willing to voluntarily participate in efforts to curtail the obvious fast virus spread . . . 

Some would say that it makes no difference if it spreads slowly or quickly.  The end result will be the same.

Others would say the numbers have been fudged and skewed so badly that there is no way to know what the true number of deaths has been.  Recently, Florida has been in the news because the various covid testing labs are reporting 100% positive results  for all their samples.  In other words, every patient sample they tested was infected with the virus.  This is a statistical impossibility.  Similar stories have been popping up across the country for several months.

36 minutes ago, Steve in Allentown said:

Some would say that it makes no difference if it spreads slowly or quickly.  The end result will be the same.

Others would say the numbers have been fudged and skewed so badly that there is no way to know what the true number of deaths has been.  Recently, Florida has been in the news because the various covid testing labs are reporting 100% positive results  for all their samples.  In other words, every patient sample they tested was infected with the virus.  This is a statistical impossibility.  Similar stories have been popping up across the country for several months.

That 100% positive test result is just another of many reasons  that a lot of people do not believe anything the main stream media or anyone else says about this virus, it is a pitiful shame we cant count on 90% of the people we elected to office in our nations capital or the media to give us timely and correct information, it is one lie on top of another and I for one am sick of it.  SCJ

9 minutes ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

That 100% positive test result is just another of many reasons  that a lot of people do not believe anything the main stream media or anyone else says about this virus, it is a pitiful shame we cant count on 90% of the people we elected to office in our nations capital or the media to give us timely and correct information, it is one lie on top of another and I for one am sick of it.  SCJ

This all stinks to high heaven.  The numbers are cooked to keep the virus alive.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35-investigates-florida-department-of-health-says-some-labs-have-not-reported-negative-covid-19-results

Also,  some test systems are reporting false positives results. 

In Central Texas we have been lucky to have county judges who are willing to consider the facts and grfant us approval to shoot provided that we follow some safety measures. Caldwell County allowed the Plum Creek Shooting Society and Blanco County just approved the Tejas Caballeros shoot.

2 hours ago, Dragon Hill Dave #59561 said:

In Central Texas we have been lucky to have county judges who are willing to consider the facts and grfant us approval to shoot provided that we follow some safety measures. Caldwell County allowed the Plum Creek Shooting Society and Blanco County just approved the Tejas Caballeros shoot.

And now you've left yourself open Dave...

I'm very pleasantly surprised by our governor's actions.  Not only is he not locking people down, he's overriding the ability of local entities to enforce lockdown/masking, etc.  Just today he barred local governments from doing anything more restrictive than the state is doing and explicitly barred them from enforcing mandatory masks.

Archived