SASS Wire Forum

USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD-6) Question...

Yes. 

The USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD-6) is the flagship for Expeditionary Strike Group Three with the primary mission to embark, deploy and land elements of a Marine landing force in amphibious assault operations by helicopter, landing craft and amphibious vehicle, and if needed, to act as a light aircraft carrier.

When my daughter was a Lieutenant on board, she took us on for the guided tour.
It was her first Division Officer tour, and picked at random.
I asked her, "What do you haul?"
She said, "I haul bad ass boys, and their bad ass toys."

We got the full tour, spoke to lots of the crew, the XO, etc.
News says it looks like she might be a total loss.
A real shame.

Will we learn that this fire was caused by some BLM/ANTIFA sympathizer's "protest" getting out of hand?

You may recall events involving anti-war and black power protestors (crew members) in the 1960's aboard several Navy ships...

25 minutes ago, Joke 'um said:

Will we learn that this fire was caused by some BLM/ANTIFA sympathizer's "protest" getting out of hand?

You may recall events involving anti-war and black power protestors (crew members) in the 1960's aboard several Navy ships...

Of everything I worry about in today’s world, this possibility is just not on my radar. 

The young men and women who volunteer to raise their right hands are exceptional, and would not tolerate such an incident from being discussed. 

But would an accident happen while repairs were being made?  Yes. And those responsible will be held accountable. 

Archived