SASS Wire Forum

I Built an Armory with a Large Display for CAS Firearms

I’ve wanted to do this for a LONG time.  So, I finally walled in an 11’ X 11’ room, put in a security door with a digital lock and loaded it with all my firearms.  I’ll do a lot of filming for JED iTV in this room with the main wall of my CAS gear behind me.  

Figured y’all might enjoy a look at this...

*Not responsible for damage to keyboards caused by drooling.  ;)

I watched it when you first posted it and again just now. You are gonna have to get some of this work done and get back to posting weekly, some of us got nothin better to do than wait. And shoot CAS.

Imis

Good idea and a very nice display, too.

I’ve watched some of your videos,.  They’ve been helpful and interesting.

Cat Brules

20 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Very nice! 

Thank you!

17 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

I watched it when you first posted it and again just now. You are gonna have to get some of this work done and get back to posting weekly, some of us got nothin better to do than wait. And shoot CAS.

Imis

I’m workin’ on it.  ;)  I did take some time to go to the Oregon State Championship (you probably already saw part one of that). Now I’m mostly just putting things in place, building shelves, catching up on reloading, etc. The major work is “done”...

10 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

That is awesome.   Ya dun gud.

Your videos are great.

Thanks for sharing.

..........Widder

Thanks Widder, I appreciate that!  

8 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Good idea and a very nice display, too.

I’ve watched some of your videos,.  They’ve been helpful and interesting.

Cat Brules

Glad they’re helping out and entertaining Cat.  

Very Nice!!

Have always wanted to do that.  So, when you walled in the area, what did you use to reinforce the walls?  I know there are companies that sell full size vault doors for this very purpose, but I have always wondered the best method to reinforce the wall so it isn't easier just to pop thru the wall than to try to defeat the locked door.

22 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Why?

Depends on how effective the building HVAC system is. As I remember it was an open building previously.  It is on  a slab and may or may not have a vapor barrier under the slab. He can certainly monitor the humidity level to see if it is needed. Those firearms will be in the open and possibly used infrequently and some cowboys aren't as liberal with the lube as I am.

Been watchin' your channel and saw this build.  

Thanks by the way....for the great info you always put into these episodes.  

As a newbie...it's really information we're dying for.  The more informed we are...the better we stretch our dollars.

Keep them episodes comin!

On 7/14/2020 at 9:31 AM, Mister Badly said:

Are you running a dehumidifier in that room?

Yes indeed. 

On 7/14/2020 at 10:27 AM, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Very Nice!!

Have always wanted to do that.  So, when you walled in the area, what did you use to reinforce the walls?  I know there are companies that sell full size vault doors for this very purpose, but I have always wondered the best method to reinforce the wall so it isn't easier just to pop thru the wall than to try to defeat the locked door.

No reinforcement on the one interior wall (the other three are exterior walls). If someone wants to go through the trouble to cut through the walls to get at these firearms... well... more power to ‘em, I guess.  The only other way in is through a minimum of two steel doors, one keyed and one digitally coded.  It’s as secure as I could afford to make it.  

On 7/14/2020 at 10:42 AM, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Very nice. Good looking layout. 

+1 to Mister Badly on the dehumidifier

Thanks!  

On 7/14/2020 at 11:00 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

Very nice!

Thank you!! 

On 7/14/2020 at 1:25 PM, Calvera said:

Been watchin' your channel and saw this build.  

Thanks by the way....for the great info you always put into these episodes.  

As a newbie...it's really information we're dying for.  The more informed we are...the better we stretch our dollars.

Keep them episodes comin!

Glad you’re enjoying all that Wild West Infotainment I throw out there.  :D  I’ll keep at it!!  

Archived