SASS Wire Forum

saw an 1849 for sale....

"Touch of Modern" has terrible reviews online.  Mostly pertaining to taking payment for items that they don't even have in possession to sell, then refusing to refund the customer's money.  It's probably best to stay away from any of their offerings.

Wow, Barney!  That looks cool.  Just don't wear any of those old colonial style shirts with the frilly cuffs while playing with that thing!

Back to Touch of Modern . . . . several months ago they had some contraption advertised (can't remember what it is now) that looked appealing.  I went to their website and couldn't find that particular item, even though they had a pop up ad that showed the item.  When I Googled them, I found TONS of bad reviews.  Way more bad than good.

Aside from just being fun to play with... it is a good excuse to have a stash of flash paper and gun cotton on hand.  It works like a muzzle loader, gun cotton as a propellant and a roll of flash paper as a projectile.

Gonna have to try making some paper cartridges using flash paper.... 

Yeah, that's what I need...A  wrist flame thrower. I haven't put myself in the hospital with one of those yet... :lol:

You’re right. Overpriced.

They were Colts most popular percussion revolver. They only made a half million of them. They aren’t that expensive or rare

My brothers and their families bought me one that was cased and engraved from a dealer for some family related work that I did for 4 years. I can't remember the Colt engraver without looking it up but I think that my gun was made in 1863.

Horace

Archived