SASS Wire Forum

Damascus Jon

Creeker, SASS #43022

My buddy, Damascus Jon did it again.

Idaho State Champion Frontier Cartridge champion and the OVERALL match winner - shooting Black Powder.

(and there is never a question about his loads)

This young man is a fantastic representative for our game.

At only 23 years old (4th of July baby -  Happy Birthday, Jon) - this young mans SASS/ CAS resume is already greatly accomplished and grows with every match.

He is polite, well spoken and humble. 

And I am proud to know him and more so to call him my friend.

Couple of personal notes for Jon,

First - Scorpion says hi.

Second - Your mom is awesome and so proud of you - she asked me to post this.

Third - shave that thing on your face - it looks like a squirrel is attacking you.

Fourth - Never forget where you came from - I'm older and grayer than I was a few years ago - but I know people and we still have access to trashcans.

Proud of you, my friend.

Jon Idaho Champ.jpg

14 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

My buddy, Damascus Jon did it again.

Idaho State Champion Frontier Cartridge champion and the OVERALL match winner - shooting Black Powder.

(and there is never a question about his loads)

This young man is a fantastic representative for our game.

At only 23 years old (4th of July baby -  Happy Birthday, Jon) - this young mans SASS/ CAS resume is already greatly accomplished and grows with every match.

He is polite, well spoken and humble. 

And I am proud to know him and more so to call him my friend.

Couple of personal notes for Jon,

First - Scorpion says hi.

Second - Your mom is awesome and so proud of you - she asked me to post this.

Third - shave that thing on your face - it looks like a squirrel is attacking you.

Fourth - Never forget where you came from - I'm older and grayer than I was a few years ago - but I know people and we still have access to trashcans.

Proud of you, my friend.

Jon Idaho Champ.jpg

You forgot to mention his NEVADA name!

13 minutes ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

You forgot to mention his NEVADA name!

I was going to let it slide as he got his Nevada assigned name when he was a few years younger.

But...

Since you brought it up; Jon was a slightly built awkward young kid when I first met him.

(which is how he ended up in a trashcan the first time he beat me and Gawd Awful at a match - and yes, we still have the pictures to prove it)

But a couple years before that (sad and unfortunate) day - some of the ladies at our match were commenting on this young man (walking around the range with my daughter)

and the comment was made that, "He is going to grow into a good looking man; but right now he is at an Ugly Puppy stage"

The name stuck.

So when Jon shoots in Nevada - he is recognized and addressed as Ugly Puppy.

Ain't it nice to have friends, Jon?

As one of those that were smoked, Jon did a wonderful job of showing us the errors of our ways.  The range conditions were perfect for BP, a nice breeze in exactly the right direction both days.  Jon shot fast and clean so there was NO doubt about who was going to run away with the win.  A great match, a great three days and a great Champion.  Congratulations Damascus "ugly Puppy" Jon  

Congratulations!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding young man.  When I started out in AZ 7 years ago he was a great help to this new shooter.

Good to see is still the same young man I met.

Archived