SASS Wire Forum

Hey Grandpaw, what's fer supper?

Cornish game hen on the grill with herbs and lemon pepper, jalepenos stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar/colby cheese and wrapped with bacon, black eyed peas and cornbread. YUM YUM!

JHC

Sounds yummy.

We had chicken cubed and simmered in Mojo sauce, then folded the chicken into warm flour tortillas, adding grated cheese, diced tomatoes and sour cream,  served with a side of black beans and rice.

Green chili chicken enchiladas. YUM!!

2 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Just   TOFU.    :mellow:  On Texas Toast.

You cook that in a lot of coconut oil. Makes it easier to rake into the trash.

JHC

2 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

My wife is from New Mexico. She can make that with REAL roasted green chiles that will knock yer eyes out.

JHC

Mrs. Lose uses Anaheim’s when she can’t get Hatch Chili’s. Her chili rellenos are right up there too.

Grilled BBQ chicken, real smashed taters, and a fresh garden salad for Barb and I.

11 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Cornish game hen on the grill with herbs and lemon pepper, jalepenos stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar/colby cheese and wrapped with bacon, black eyed peas and cornbread. YUM YUM!

JHC

Dang! What time should the Missus and I show up with some peach cobbler for dessert? :):):)

Ground chicken with fresh basil, chopped onions, scallions, mushroom spiced with ginger, creole, Turkish red pepper, red curry and cooking sherry with white rice.

Missouri, what else. Grilled B-B-Q Deer Steak, cut up tatters, soaked, then shredded & cooked in oil and tossed in shredded cheddar cheese. Cooked garlic toast covered with Italian 4 cheese and cinnamon apple sauce. 

yUM, YUM!  (You forgot your make it rhyme!)

Corn dogs!

Or grilled cheese.

Or beefy mac and cheese.

With a beer.

Or two.

:o

20 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Meatloaf and boiled taters. Loaf is 50% ground chuck and 50% bulk sausage. Onion, a sweet pepper, and bread crumbs in it s well with 3 small eggs for moisture/ stick togetherness.:blush:

Recently discovered how the sausage makes all the difference in meatloaf. We use the Hot Italian and it’s just spicy enough.

Seamus

Okay, this is not for dinner but for desert. I discovered this recently while toying around with ice cream and Lindt Lindor chocolate truffles. 

In a medium or large bowl put a pleasant amount of vanilla ice cream. 

Take a small sized bowl and place 4 of your favorite flavor of Lindor chocolates (unwrapped) inside. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Take the bowl out and break up any chocolate still intact the microwave again for 20-30 seconds. 
Remove from microwave then slowly pour over your ice cream. Pouring slowly let’s the chocolate cool and stay on the ice cream rather than running down alongside. 
A slow pour creates a hard chocolate cap on your ice cream. 
To eat break through the chocolate shell with a spoon and enjoy the best version of a fudge-cicle I have found. 

I like the white chocolate truffles on French vanilla Ice cream with just a little caramel and maybe some crushed walnuts. 

Mmmmm-mmm Good! :D

Archived