SASS Wire Forum

Oh no ... were are my guns??

Patagonia Pete

No good decision goes un-rewarded ... :mellow:

St Louis couple lose their firearms ..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/they-took-my-ar-st-louis-lawyer-surprised-after-authorities-seized-rifle-he-pointed-at-protesters/ar-BB16CHez

Just imagine if they came to one of our houses w/ the search warrant.

I can see the headlines now describing the number of rounds found ... ammunition componets .. number of guns ... etc etc .. -_-

At the very least, the search warrant and seizure of the rifle was a violation of the couples’ rights under the First, Second and Fourth Amendments of the U.S. Constitution.  This nonsense by the local prosecutor/ District Attorney(?) and municipality should be negated quickly to avoid a $50 Million lawsuit, in my opinion.

Cat Brules

Real friends and family should of came over for a friendly all-nighter, just to make sure that no more silliness occurred while this over-PC LE group answered liberal agenda.  No brandishing.  No threatening.  Just a visit.

I read that they were not arrested, nor were any charges filed at this time.  Therefore, nothing would prevent them from acquiring replacement firearms.  I'd have a truck load bought by the next day.

And I fully agree on suing the city and the over zealous prosecutor.

I read that the pistol Mrs. McCloskey was holding was inoperable so they took it in for testing. It's unclear why they took the rifle but their lawyer gave it up with no argument. The prosecutor is supposedly rabidly anti-gun! 

So, it’s okay in Missouri to not provide police protection to a neighborhood being overrun by thugs who came through a security gate for entry. And it’s okay that police weren’t present and apparently had not responded when thugs marched through a neighborhood causing the residents to be in fear for their lives. 

I guess that area of Missouri is no better than California, no?

From the article:

“Under case law on point here, which was recently relied upon by the Missouri Supreme Court, the state does not have to actually prove that a weapon was even loaded during a criminal incident in order to satisfy the “readily capable of lethal use” language in the statute.”

I guess in Missouri, it’s okay to terrorize neighborhoods as long as the politicians agree with the criminals. It’s not okay to use your God-given rights to defend yourself, is that what I am seeing here?

Granted, I think those two people were stupid in how they conducted themselves. They were threatening to others, but I don’t believe those “others” had any right to be there. Had those “others” not been there none of this would have happened. 

Some AREAS of Missouri...

St. Louis, Kansas City, and Columbia have long been blue in a state that is otherwise red.

A64A60CB-83E7-4A5D-A1CE-1F65DC7D03B9.thumb.jpeg.2c76e8c6be7a6cf3427122f3c75e8695.jpeg

11 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

At the very least, the search warrant and seizure of the rifle was a violation of the couples’ rights under the First, Second and Fourth Amendments of the U.S. Constitution.  This nonsense by the local prosecutor/ District Attorney(?) and municipality should be negated quickly to avoid a $50 Million lawsuit, in my opinion.

Cat Brules

I am given to understand that the McCloskeys(sp?) are quite prone to sue.  Including suits against their own family members and the home owners associations of their various properties.  I'm sure if there is any chance for a lawsuit they will jump on it.

The St. Louis City attorney is quite the piece of work herself.  I'm sure she's disappointed that there isn't a Police Officer, or two, involved in the incident that she could charge with something.

Angus

7 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

I read that they were not arrested, nor were any charges filed at this time.  Therefore, nothing would prevent them from acquiring replacement firearms.  I'd have a truck load bought by the next day.

And I fully agree on suing the city and the over zealous prosecutor.

The biggest thing standing in their way might be availability.  Black rifles are hard to find in any of the shops around me in Missouri.

Archived