SASS Wire Forum

Winchester Model 73, made by Miroku ejection question.

The Verdigris Kid

Shot with a great bunch of people today at a great range, the Powder Creek Cowboys.

I had a great match going until the next to last stage where I screwed up the sequence and got a P. Did finish the match with 0 misses though, so I am getting closer to that clean match.;)

My question is 2 of us in my posse were using Miroku '73s and they were both throwing empty brass forward in front of the stages, the "other" '73s threw the brass either straight up or slightly to the rear.  Is this an idiosyncrasy  of the Miroku or can it be adjusted?

Yes, it can be “adjusted,” if you will.  Generally, a good cowboy rifle-smith can work the rifle to keep the ejected brass “inbounds”.  Discuss with him in advance what you want, and where you want the empty brass to go.

(Recommendations will follow.)

Cat Brules

My Miroku '73 is throws just a few feet to my right (only 15 rounds through it). Brand new with no modifications or slicking, absolutely not even broken in.

Mine is chambered in 44-40, what is your's and the others chambered in? And how many rounds through it (them)?

And have you (they) done anything to the firearm other than clean and oil?

23 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

My Miroku '73 is throws just a few feet to my right (only 15 rounds through it). Brand new with no modifications or slicking, absolutely not even broken in.

Mine is chambered in 44-40, what is your's and the others chambered in? And how many rounds through it (them)?

And have you (they) done anything to the firearm other than clean and oil?

Not sure about the other shooter, mine is .38/.357 shooting .38. 3 matches worth so less than 200 rounds through it, stock just cleaned and taken care of after shooting.

Archived