SASS Wire Forum

WTB Brass 12 gauge hulls 2.5"

I picked up a cool old Damascus side by side, and really want some 2.5" brass hulls to try it out. Magtech are out of stock everywhere, and I'm not trying to spend $7.00 each at Track of the Wolf, as it's not likely to be a match gun. If anyone has 10 or 20 they'd sell me, (or a lead on who has em in stock) I'd be grateful. Ugly is fine as long as they're solid. Thanks! 

-Dallas

If they are the old Alcans they take the old type 57 & 157 shotshell primers not the current 109 & 209 type shotshell primers.  (unless someone drilled them out)

Dallas & B.P.

If you would rather have the Magtechs I'd send you 10 new Magtecs if you will pay me the shipping & if  B.P. Guns is will to send me the 10 Alcans & I pay the shipping.

35 minutes ago, B.P.Gunns SASS#23578 said:

Howdy Dallas

I have ten Alcan 2.5" brass shells that were given to me a while ago. You can have them for the shipping cost. Send me a PM with your address info.

B.P.

Do those use a different size primer?  I have 20 Alcan and had to buy some old stock primers and pay Hazmat shipping.  But I have heard you can easily ream them out to take 209 primers.

I have not had any problems using 209s. Maybe they were reamed out before I got them.

Earl. I will send them to Dallas and if he has any problems with them he can contact you for a trade.

Thanks

B.P.

Mine use a G57 primer.  I suspect yours have been reamed to take the 209 primers.

B.P. yes, if they take 209 then someone modified them.

Dusty, yes Alcans, type 57 & 157 (and some list them as *57  & *157 whatever the * means). 

I've heard they can be modified but have plenty? of type 57 so haven't looked into that too hard yet.  

Since none of my Alcans are modified I'll pass, as mixing up primer sizes in the same headstamps is trouble I don't need to get into.

Best smoke-clouds to all,

Earl

Archived