SASS Wire Forum

Contradicting The False Narrative

Cat Brules

Interesting points and the questions are valid!

4 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Interesting points and the questions are valid!

Not really. Most of his points made about as much sense as the one he tried to make about TB. There's a shot and an easy test for TB, why would it be declared a pandemic? If you think more should be done about it, did you also oppose withdrawing support for WHO? This guy is like every other conspiracy theorist, he ignores an awful lot of facts and counts on you to do the same.

31 minutes ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

Not really. Most of his points made about as much sense as the one he tried to make about TB. There's a shot and an easy test for TB, why would it be declared a pandemic? If you think more should be done about it, did you also oppose withdrawing support for WHO? This guy is like every other conspiracy theorist, he ignores an awful lot of facts and counts on you to do the same.

If we “have a shot” for it and STILL a million and a half people died from it, does that make it any less virulent than the newest health threat??

How many times has some “Conspiracy theory” turned out to be a very real conspiracy?  More than you’d care to recall, I’m sure!!

Just because YOU choose to discount other points of view beside your own , it doesn’t make those views and questions regarding those views any less valid!

12 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

If we “have a shot” for it and STILL a million and a half people died from it, does that make it any less virulent than the newest health threat??

How many times has some “Conspiracy theory” turned out to be a very real conspiracy?  More than you’d care to recall, I’m sure!!

Just because YOU choose to discount other points of view beside your own , it doesn’t make those views and questions regarding those views any less valid!

Doesn't matter if it's less virulent, it's treatable and we don't treat it. That's the point.

How many times has a conspiracy theory turned out to be real? Let's go with zero. That's why it's a conspiracy theory, because it can't be proved.

I don't choose to discount points of view because I don't like them or don't agree, I discount them because there's no data suggesting I should support them. That's what makes them less valid.

having had the time to think on it a bit , there would seem to be some truth it the premise 

I have had a feeling it was blown out of size , to see whom would fold to peer pressure , and mark those of us who would NOT 

any way it has been a huge grab at freedoms ,  I don't know of anyone close that has been infected , 

were it as bed as claimed , why , were not all , protests and riots , NOT quelled ? 

just hoping it don't get any worse , 

CB 

15 minutes ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

Doesn't matter if it's less virulent, it's treatable and we don't treat it. That's the point.

How many times has a conspiracy theory turned out to be real? Let's go with zero. That's why it's a conspiracy theory, because it can't be proved.

I don't choose to discount points of view because I don't like them or don't agree, I discount them because there's no data suggesting I should support them. That's what makes them less valid.

So, maybe I should have asked how many conspiracies have eventually been revealed!!  Then you wouldn’t disregard conspiracy theories!  Any conspiracy that is revealed was brought to light because someone had a theory about it!

The evidence is there and though the media buries or ignores it, there IS evidence out there that supports this point of view!!  

I reported elsewhere on my own personal experience with the virus and with information I obtained from care givers on the front lines and persons responsible for overseeing the administration of the hospitals and their finances.

I won’t deny that the virus can be deadly and that it’s out there, but I also know that there are those who are using this event to profit, either financially, politically, or BOTH and that the evidence is just short of overwhelming. If you and others choose to ignore it and the media and the government are allowed to cover it up, you’re complicit in the conspiracy!

I’ll continue to ask questions and to doubt the motives of those who seem to want to take our freedoms and curb our rights.  Closing  small businesses and putting working people out of paying jobs does NOTHING to stem the spread of the virus and makes those who depend on those businesses and jobs more vulnerable to the virus and more subject to mistreatment by an overreaching government and power hungry politicians and their big money supporters.

I appreciate the ability to listen to or read a variety of viewpoints.

Calling any of them conspiracy theories is name calling that is intended to create bias without stating a rebuttal to the ideas.

Thank you, Cat, for posting a view of what is happening in society today.

5 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’ll continue to ask questions and to doubt the motives of those who seem to want to take our freedoms and curb our rights.  Closing  small businesses and putting working people out of paying jobs does NOTHING to stem the spread of the virus and makes those who depend on those businesses and jobs more vulnerable to the virus and more subject to mistreatment by an overreaching government and power hungry politicians and their big money supporters.

Well said, Blackwater! Conspiracy or not, we should ALL ask as you do of our so called "leaders".

There's a lot of emotion and speculation in the COVID arguments these days.

A quick focus on one of the "arguments" presented in the video:

One and a half million people died from tuberculosis, as reported by the WHO.  That was world wide.  Tuberculosis IS treatable; however, most of the deaths are in third-world countries where it's spread is attributable to hygiene and living conditions, and where treatment is not available.  And by the way, the treatment is MUCH more involved that "just a shot."  Recovery from TB is a lengthy ordeal involving a variety of drugs and protocols.

In the United States, in 2017 (the last year for which statistics are available) there were 515 deaths from tuberculosis for the entire year.  And the annual number of TB deaths has been declining.

Comparatively, in less than six months this year there have been over 137,000 deaths from COVID-19 in the United States.  And that number is escalating.

Sorry, but that argument just doesn't impress me.  As someone pointed out above, TB is not a "pandemic."

Now, about conspiracy theories:  Indeed there have been a number of "conspiracy theories" that turned out to be true.  Look 'em up with Google.  They're out there... and pretty much, they are all of a relatively tiny scale compared to the COVID thing.  Those that could be assigned to the "government" were pretty much done by some small segment of some government agency.

So I'm wondering... is the news that every country on the planet is hit with the pandemic false?  Were those pictures of refrigerated tractor trailers in New York filled with bodies faked?  Did the governor of New York pretend to be upset about over five hundred people dying every day?  Is the news of Houston hospital ICU facilities being beyond capacity faked?   Have the governors of every state been duped?  Did my young RN niece whose ICU was converted to a COVID ward make up the stories she's told me?  Did my Arizona friend of over fifty years fabricate a yarn about his week in the hospital, and was he merely pretending when he said that he would rather someone just shoot him than go through it again?

I don't think anybody enjoys the present state of affairs in the country.  Or the world.  And I'll ask, for those who think this is a huge "conspiracy theory" - to what end?  Why?  

Obviously in addition to the relatively minor inconvenience of wearing masks and washing our hands a lot more, there's been a HUGE hit to the economy.  Again, world-wide.  And many, many people are suffering as a result.  

So let me ask - what do YOU think we should do?  What do YOU think the government should do?  Completely "open up?"  Let everyone take their chances?  And remember - two weeks after the June 01 "opening up" we saw a HUGE spike in cases.  

Well?  Recommendations?  Let's hear 'em.

But first, a suggestion:  Read a bit about the 1918 pandemic.  Here are three places to start.  And note that at least two of them were written well before the current "event."

https://virus.stanford.edu/uda/fluresponse.html

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/rapid-response-was-crucial-containing-1918-flu-pandemic

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/blog/spanish-influenza-pandemic-then-now

Hardpan! I’m not discounting or dismissing any of your points about the dangers or the severity of this disease!! I fully agree that we should take it seriously.

BUT!! I’m questioning the way some of our ‘leaders” are going about dealing with and solving the problems at hand!!  

WHY!! Are we closing churches yet we’re allowing throngs of , often violent, bottle throwing, fire starting vandals and looters to crowd together in the streets?

WHY!?! Are we forcing businesses and legitimate enterprises to close under threat of prosecution, but mobs of “protesters” are allowed to “occupy” parks, plazas, and whole sections of towns/cities and illegally block even major thoroughfares with impunity??

WHY?!? Are our Constitutionally guaranteed rights being trampled while our property, families, and our own lives are threatened openly by people and groups who are given carte blanch without even a hint of possible prosecution, much less the threat of arrest???

How is it that some big businesses and big political organizations are seemingly having the way through these bad situations paved for them while others are forced to step backward??

There are questions!  More questions than these few that are unanswered and others that remain unasked!!  Why are those questions not at the forefront of coverage by the media and thus ignored by those who are responsible for the solutions??

I don’t believe that this is entirely the result of incompetence!!  It’s too convenient!  It’s beyond what we should accept as coincidental!!

We must not only continue to ask questions and demand answers and solutions!  We HAVE TO challenge the runaway media to not only tell us the truth , but to fairly report and represent the other side of the story!!

31 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

We HAVE TO challenge the runaway media to not only tell us the truth , but to fairly report and represent the other side of the story!!

This being the same media who reported red wine prevents cancer.

The study they cited found the French eat 50 different fruits and vegetables as a regular part of their diet, and have a lower cancer rate despite red wine consumption. Barely more than a footnote in the paper, it did suggest tannins in red wine were worthy of possible further study. But the media does not report 50 fruits and vegetables appears to prevent cancer, it reports the red wine does it. The study did not have that finding.

Media has a goal of selling advertising. Media runs whatever does that best. Media does not really care if you believe or trust or even absorb anything but the advertising being pushed.

9 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I appreciate the ability to listen to or read a variety of viewpoints.

Calling any of them conspiracy theories is name calling that is intended to create bias without stating a rebuttal to the ideas.

Thank you, Cat, for posting a view of what is happening in society today.

"Conspiracy theories" or not, simply look at the rights we've lost since this started, rights that we likely will never get back.

Please don’t get me wrong!  I don’t agree with everything being said by either side ! Neither do I disagree totally with either side.

My position is one of skepticism toward all the players!! Question EVERYTHING!  Demand that ALL sides are reported on equally and impartiality and questioned thoroughly!!  When history is cited, be certain that every facet is presented!, NOT just those actions and events that fit the agenda or narrative or whatever person or group!!

And finally, demand that the actions and deeds done by people and nations are judged by the standards of their times!!

It's an election year.

I don't see much difference between Today and the riots of August, 1968 at the DNC.
Back then it was the Black Panthers, today is BLM.
Back then it was racism at Columbia University, today it is racism under every rock and behind every tree.

Back then was a new generation of motivated malcontents, focused on bringing THEIR version of Utopia to America (with them in charge).
Today is another new generation of motivated malcontents, and Soros money, focused on bringing Marxism to America.

The faces change, but the game is the same.

17 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

BUT!! I’m questioning the way some of our ‘leaders” are going about dealing with and solving the problems at hand!!  

In Orange Co, CA the "experts" said that you were safe on the beach if you sat in the sand, but not if you sat in a chair at the same spot.  Likewise a fisherman was safe standing next to his pole (shore fishermen will usually put the pole in a holder and wait for a bite), but he would spread C19 if he put a chair next to it and sat down.

In San Diego Co, CA, you were safe on the beach as long as you kept moving.  Stopping would give you C19 and you would kill granny.

Fishing in lakes and streams would give you C19, even if you were not within 500 yards of anyone, so it was banned.

1,200 "experts" signed a letter supporting the recent riots, saying, in essence, that it was safe and C19 protocols should not be used to shut them down, but that the protests against the national house arrest were dangerous and would spread C19.  Thus telling us that C19 is the first every politically aware virus.

In one state it was forbidden for stores over a certain square footage to sell plants and seeds.  One county somewhere banned selling frozen vegetables, or that was how the dictate got interpreted.

It is this kind of equine feces that make people wonder how much LSD the "experts" have ingested.  Or maybe they are misreading the tea leaves.

As I wrote above, the inconsistencies, caprice, and whimsy of the ever changing dictates and pontifications cause one to distrust the "experts."

SDJ!! I put up a Thanks on the post above, but they won’t let me give you a laugh and a sad too!

7 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I don't see much difference between Today and the riots of August, 1968 at the DNC.
Back then it was the Black Panthers, today is BLM.

Those were more the Chicago Seven and the anti-war crowd, although Bobby Seale was involved (originally part of the Chicago/Conspiracy Eight, but his trial got split off).

At least those had a focus other and "Our FEEEELings are hurt and history oFEEEEENNNNds us!"

On 7/11/2020 at 8:38 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

So, maybe I should have asked how many conspiracies have eventually been revealed!!  Then you wouldn’t disregard conspiracy theories!  Any conspiracy that is revealed was brought to light because someone had a theory about it!

The evidence is there and though the media buries or ignores it, there IS evidence out there that supports this point of view!!  

I reported elsewhere on my own personal experience with the virus and with information I obtained from care givers on the front lines and persons responsible for overseeing the administration of the hospitals and their finances.

I won’t deny that the virus can be deadly and that it’s out there, but I also know that there are those who are using this event to profit, either financially, politically, or BOTH and that the evidence is just short of overwhelming. If you and others choose to ignore it and the media and the government are allowed to cover it up, you’re complicit in the conspiracy!

There's a reason they call them conspiracy theories instead of just calling them theories.

Having said that, I just want to point out that just because I disagree with some of your points doesn't mean I disagree with the other ones. Also, you said there are too many people trying to profit from this or use it as a springboard for some agenda. When I saw the video in the original post, that was exactly the impression I got. That doesn't mean the other side isn't doing the exact same thing, as far as I'm concerned neither side gets a pass.

Anyway, you can have the last word if you want. You might not feel like there's any need to respond again, some of your other posts show that we're not as far apart as it might sound like.

The more light shined on all these goings on, the safer we will be!

We KNOW that the press can’t be trusted to tell the whole story, so we have to hold them accountable and challenge them at every turn.

Same goes for our elected officials and especially those bureaucrats and political appointees!

Archived