SASS Wire Forum

Washington's New Name

Since the NFL already has "safe" names like Bears, Lions, Jaguars, Broncos, Seahawks, etc. - perhaps the "DC SWAMP RATS" might be appropriate...Surely someone in the Saloon could come up with an appropriate helmet logo!

CS

One thing the left depends on and so far they are basically correct is the stupidity of the American public.  With Twitter, Twatter, Facebutt and all the other "social" media no one seems to be able to remember what was said or done yesterday let alone a month or year ago.  In 2016 the New York Time took a poll and found that 90%+ of Indians had no problem with the name.  When I saw a TV interview with the promoters of the present effort every one of them was white.  I thought we weren't supposed to be paying attention to the evil white man anymore.

48 minutes ago, Count Sandor, SASS #74075 said:

Since the NFL already has "safe" names like Bears, Lions, Jaguars, Broncos, Seahawks, etc. - perhaps the "DC SWAMP RATS" might be appropriate...Surely someone in the Saloon could come up with an appropriate helmet logo!

CS

You beat me too it Count! I was thinking the same exact thing!!;)

On 7/10/2020 at 3:00 PM, Ramblin Gambler said:

Virginia Redskins.  Remove any hint of DC and it won't be offensive. 

Claim you were honoring Virginia peanuts.

The DC Panderers

Washington Lobbyists

Chesapeake Bay Felons

Protestors

Snakes

...plenty of possibilities

Maybe even remove the location and just call them the Footie McSportsballers

On 7/11/2020 at 1:51 PM, Fence Cutter said:

Washington Foreskins

Wouldn't want to be "cut" from that team.  "OUCH", I scream, in my soprano voice.

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I just heard a blurb for the news at noon. She said the Washington Redskins are no more. :rolleyes:

Me too, it's officially gone! They're supposed to announce a new name tommorow!

After watching today's national news, the Washington "Gropers" or "Overt Sexists" seem like good choices

Howdy,

The idea of an animal seems good to me.

We have bears lions seehawks ......HEY too easy... SNAKES.

There ya go.

Mission done.

Best

CR

A serious name could be, “Washington Capitals”.  Right now, that sounds rather benign, but “the offended” will always be offended.

However, I personally believe the team owner should have adopted the stance, position, or the just plain hard-headedness to have kept quiet and ignored the whole thing, leaving the team name and logo the same....unchanged.  No comment, no interviews, no negotiations with anyone, especially other team owners (though THAT would be fun!), nothing!  Owner should immediately litigate against any person or entity that causes him any loses, including reputation, at all.

Cat Brules

With a tip o' the Hardpan Hat to Subdeacon Joe... I hereby submit... "The Capital City Capons~!!"  :rolleyes:  ^_^  :FlagAm:

I was going to suggest the Wusses, but the Capt. kinda beat me to it with the Wussies. I'd go for either, they're appropriate.

11 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

With a tip o' the Hardpan Hat to Subdeacon Joe... I hereby submit... "The Capital City Capons~!!"  :rolleyes:  ^_^  :FlagAm:

There's probably not 1 in 1000 people these days would know what that is!

JHC:P

15 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

There's probably not 1 in 1000 people these days would know what that is!

JHC:P

They'll learn.  ;)

Archived