SASS Wire Forum

Name change

Black RZR

I been in sass for just over a year and my alias is Black RZR. Everyone just calls me "Razor"  Now with all the BS going on in considering dropping the black. Or maybe changing to RZR Edge. I just want to keep RZR in it. Any thoughts or suggestions...

We could call you Blacky......... But then that make me think of Rustlers Rhapsody.

2 hours ago, Black RZR said:

I been in sass for just over a year and my alias is Black RZR. Everyone just calls me "Razor"  Now with all the BS going on in considering dropping the black. Or maybe changing to RZR Edge. I just want to keep RZR in it. Any thoughts or suggestions...

Why be like the politicians and cave into social pressure?  Black is a color just like orange, blue, red and white.  Should we just eliminate everything with the word black in it?  If you like Black RZR than keep it and don't worry about the SJW's

Don't cave in to the lefties! Please!!! Everyone calls you Razor anyway you said so big deal!!

UH-OH!!

I just KNEW somebody would see my alias as offensive!! :o :rolleyes: 

You can learn to like it or you can lump it!!!

It's mine!!  I own it!!  I ain't changing' it just to keep your snowflake @$$ from meltin'!!! :lol::lol: :lol::lol:

Razor!!  KEEP THE NAME!!

I don't believe the SASS community is made up of snowflakes and radicals. You won't be pressured by anyone to bend a knee for any reason whatsoever, let alone a score of words found in dictionaries with definitions that are far different from those provided by the same radicals who presume to know which terms are only now offensive. Isn't it odd that a small minority can have such a far reaching influence in so many matters that go against the American Way? If you accept their point of view and conform to their ideas and ways, you can kiss individuality goodbye. If you choose to change your alias because you no longer want it or like another better, great, but if not, I would just keep it and spend your time on things that matter to you. America was built on individualism and liberty, let's all strive to keep the dream alive.

Leave it be.   To the Devil with political correctness.

Just the other day, one of the local police stations put up one of those moving traffic warning signals with the message, "The safety of all lives matter" on it.  A generic traffic safety message.  Well, this caused "controversy" and now all traffic signal messages have to be reviewed and approved by the local chief of police.  It actually made the TV news.

It wasn't the snowflakes I was thinking about. I just didn't want you all to think I'm supporting that crap . All lives matter, especially the lives of our 73's, 66's , 51's LOL thanks everyone yeah I'm not changing

I can find more issue with RZR. Learn to spell!

Otherwise, no issue with Black. I just can't see the name as appropriating a culture or causing confusion or being racist.

I am shopping for a new vehicle, and will consider any color but black. That isn't racist, that is the reality of a dusty mountain road I call home and a hot sun beating down.

Don't let others make a word into something that it isn't, and don't use a word when doing so is not right. Your use is not wrong.

REAL Historic names:

Black Bart

Black Jack Ketchum

Black Hawk

Black Eagle

when did words become controlled outside of common practice [which was always regional] last i looked it was still a free country and you had freedom of speech protected the first - which all the libs hold up as a shield , 

there is nothing offensive about your name in any way , but then if it bothers you - change it , om no "kid" any more and ive thought to change mine but decided im used to it , 

My opinion is this:  

I think your alias is great as-is!  We’re I you, I would neither alter it, nor change it to some other alias.   But, you must decide!

Cat Brules

16 hours ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Change it to Speed RZR.  :P

Only if he names his Six-Shooters Sprittle and Chim Chim!

Ok, if not Black RZR how about one of these

Rusty RZR

Sharp RZR

Straight RZR

Polaris RZR (that may be trademarked)

Disposable RZR

I could keep going but you get the idea.  ;) :D

Your name is just fine.  Don't change it unless you prefer something else.  Anyone who takes offense was probably not your friend anyway.

The word black is still fully legal and not prohibited by any laws (yet).  There are a lot of things with "black" in their name.  Black Widow Spider, Black Mamba, Black Friday, Black hole, Black Powder, blacktop, black sidewalls, Black Bass, Black Crappie, Black Marlin, Blackbird, Black Sea, the list goes on and on.   If folks take offense at all of them, what an offensive and uncivil world this will become.  

STAND YOUR GROUND!!!! 

Archived