SASS Wire Forum

Match Start Timess?

Pee Wee #15785

7 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

I'm not working just supervising during the summer months,  then i will shoot all winter every weekend. I'll probably see u at Bordertown or Landrun if your there.

Won't be at either...:(

Shot in St George Utah with the Dixie Desperados today.

130 miles one way from my door to the range - they begin shooting at 8am Utah time (7am Las Vegas time).

So on my end - out of bed by 4am and on the road by 4:30 this morning to make it there in time to shoot.

But 6 stages and a drive home after still gets me back home by 12:30 - tired, but the whole day is not wasted.

Much prefer that to any late starts.

Though as badly as I shot; maybe I should be sleeping in instead. :blink:

I would prefer 8 am in the summer and 9 am in the winter, but if I have to drive 2 or more hours, 8 is a bit early. We used to drive 3 hours or more, but aging has made this more of a pain than not.

We have safety meeting 0845, hammers down 0900. We shot 6 stages Saturday. Broke foe a watermelon break after 3 stages. Finished right at noon. 

I’d be ok with starting at 0800, but I’m a morning person.  

we have a couple of shooters that are habitually late. Our policy is if you are not there by 0845 then you don’t get a score for first stage. Enforced policy this past Saturday. When I told shooter he said “I was here, I was in parking lot” getting my gear unloaded. (He was not on the range until after a couple of shooters had already shot first stage) I told him he had missed the announcements and safety briefing. Being in the parking lot didn’t count. He was a little miffed. But as I said, always late, have to get him assigned to a posse, get his fee collected etc. folks ought to have the common curtesy to be on time. (And yes, I know flat tires or traffic slow downs happen, but not every match!) 

Well we drove 2 1/2 days to get to this match (1940 miles one way) and we would be OK with a 7am start but they start a little later, about 9:30. But the company is really good so we will not complain. Humidity is about 110% and temp must be about 90 degrees.

kR

7 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

Well we drove 2 1/2 days to get to this match (1940 miles one way) and we would be OK with a 7am start but they start a little later, about 9:30. But the company is really good so we will not complain. Humidity is about 110% and temp must be about 90 degrees.

kR

Well that must be Pleasant.

:ph34r:  As an experiment dealing with a warm spell (we call it Summer) we started sign-up at 7, and start shooting at 7:30.  It was GREAT!  Done by 9:10 (only 7 shooters),

and have the balance of the day to be productive (or not).

Prior match had a few folks reacting negatively to the heat.  Was just a bit over 95 when we finished today.  Humidity around 10%.

On 7/17/2020 at 9:48 PM, Hells Comin said:

Well that must be Pleasant.

Twern't to bad specially when the "cool aid" started flowin about 5 pm.

kR

PS we shot WB, Pro steel and 10 stages of CAS.

PSS and listened to Milkbone till we got to tired to stay awake.

Archived