SASS Wire Forum

A dusty old mind comes to life.

Been in lockdown since March because of the Wuhan virus doohickey. So for some excitement, I decided to watch

a TV show on .22 TCM  40 Gr. cartridge. Don't know much about it, but it sure is a funny looking critter. 

Well according to Joe, the TV host, it is somewhere North of 2,000 FPS and very accurate out to some long yardage. 

But it is a 40 grain bullet, so I suspect there is some butter and honey mixed in with those numbers.

It has been around three years or so.  More toys for shooters to dink with. Probably a fun little round for plinking varmints with a 1911.

Doubt I will get one , I have stuff in the safe that hasn't seen daylight for a year. :lol:

Rex :D

32 minutes ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

It has been around three years or so.  More toys for shooters to dink with. Probably a fun little round for plinking varmints with a 1911.

Doubt I will get one , I have stuff in the safe that hasn't seen daylight for a year. :lol:

Rex :D

Only a year?

Used to know some sisters from Vernal, Broadhead by name.

Long ago in another world.

The .22 TCM is just a wildcat round made from a .223 case cut down and necked down.  I've had one several years in a Rock Island 1911 and it puts out one hell-o-va flash from that 4 inch bbl.

I understand Rock Island now also produces a rifle or carbine with that round.  It'll make prairie dogs disappear in a cloud of dust.

18 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

The .22 TCM is just a wildcat round made from a .223 case cut down and necked down.  I've had one several years in a Rock Island 1911 and it puts out one hell-o-va flash from that 4 inch bbl.

I understand Rock Island now also produces a rifle or carbine with that round.  It'll make prairie dogs disappear in a cloud of dust.

I guess I could see a little use for it in a rifle but in a Pistol or handgun, I want to knock something down

when I touch off old inferno.  Might make a good varmint rifle, but there seems to be a lot of them around now. 

I thought the .22-250 filled those shoes, and quite well I am told. 

Guess I will stick with my virtual 1911. 

For the discriminating ninja assassin. 

Archived