SASS Wire Forum

Comparison: Springfield Hellcat v Sig P365

SIGH !

Both prohibited in Canada because of barrel length.

No CCW anyway, but stil....

Support the NRA

Have the 365 , shoot it great for such a little gun , have been very happy with it . Have a couple of Kahr’s I’ll probably end up selling now . I have 4 sigs and 2 Springfield guns , like them all . Sig is mostly made in the USA from what I understand, which is nice but not always my only deciding factor . 

I do not have either because I prefer all steel in a small 9mm. The extra weight helps with the recoil in a small package.

,But as far as overall quality I prefer SIGs over the Springfields.

32 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Have you ck'd out the S&W Shield?

I have one and really like it.

Now that we live in Missouri. My daily CCW is a Glock 19 gen5 with amer-glo sights.

Give Goodie a hug from us. :wub:

OLG 

Really like the Ameriglo Hackathorn sights , have always liked the blacked out rear when compared to the 3 dot 

Can't say I've had any time behind the Hellcat, but my Sig P365 is better in every way than any compact nine I've ever had.

Sig 365 is great gun, but I am leaning to the Hellcat side (when I can find one)   I like the sights, the flat trigger and the grip is a little fatter to fit MY paws.      GW

I would think this could sway someone making a decision about a Hellcat:

https://www.range365.com/story/gun-reviews/springfield-hellcat-torture-test-20000-rounds/

I can’t get either one in California so I got no dog in this fight. If I could buy either I would lean toward the Hellcat. 

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I would think this could sway someone making a decision about a Hellcat:

https://www.range365.com/story/gun-reviews/springfield-hellcat-torture-test-20000-rounds/

I can’t get either one in California so I got no dog in this fight. If I could buy either I would lean toward the Hellcat. 

It’s amazing how much better guns have become in my lifetime. I know everyone always wants the good old days and understand there is allot of the “old world craftsmanship” missing today . But we truly are living in the golden age of firearms when stories like this are more the norm than the exception 

16 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

It’s amazing how much better guns have become in my lifetime. I know everyone always wants the good old days and understand there is allot of the “old world craftsmanship” missing today . But we truly are living in the golden age of firearms when stories like this are more the norm than the exception 

I agree. I just wish manufacturers like S&W and Colt would put more Quality Control into their revolvers before releasing them for sale. Remington also comes to mind when it comes to QC.

18 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I agree. I just wish manufacturers like S&W and Colt would put more Quality Control into their revolvers before releasing them for sale. Remington also comes to mind when it comes to QC.

Most everything is made to a price not a standard anymore. But that said I would take a colt 1911 made today over one made in the 70’s to 90’s any day . And if you want something made to a standard there’s always the high end manufacturers. Just about all the mfg’s seem to slip from time to time . 

I would like to try both. I have 3 S&W Shields and love them, but I'm open to other guns if they trip my trigger.

3 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Most everything is made to a price not a standard anymore. But that said I would take a colt 1911 made today over one made in the 70’s to 90’s any day . And if you want something made to a standard there’s always the high end manufacturers. Just about all the mfg’s seem to slip from time to time . 

S&W slipped and fell down!

6 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

S&W slipped and fell down!

I’ve got a S&W 2.0 compact “the glock 19 size one they should have come out with year’s ago” . Been very happy with it .

Just ordered a PC 627 , I had a 27 years ago I never should have sold . I like the idea of a 8 shot 6 shooter . Plus the moon clips are nice . I was contemplating a new python but even if they were to live up to the hype I’d have a hard time paying $500 more than I can bet a Smith PC gun for . Never really have felt Colt was worth the extra cost over a Smith 

5 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Just ordered a PC 627 , I had a 27 years ago I never should have sold . I like the idea of a 8 shot 6 shooter . Plus the moon clips are nice .

I am just a little angry with S&W over a model 60 Pro that I had to ship back 3 times for them to get it right. The model 63 I bought a couple of months ago had to go back because the barrel to cylinder gap was 0.015” on the left side and 0.005” on the right. 
I intend to buy a 327 TRR8 but I will have to wait on that. 

Archived