SASS Wire Forum

What is this item?

Trigger Mike

we installed a syphon to compensate for my neighbors broken dam and the rush of water on the other side from the siphon unearthed the item in the picture that my son found today.  We don't know what it is.

20200707_195949.jpg

20200707_195930.jpg

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

It's a discombobulator.

A key component in the Turbo Encabulator?

The upper item is a high voltage transformer or ignition coil.  I can't tell what the lower item is that has  the two lager dia. wires attached.   The attached wires are either coaxial or are for high voltage.  It may be part of an old electro-mechanical fence charger.

The bit of stainless or aluminum on the back looks like tubing. The wiring looks Mickey Moused, with some old plug (older than the screw and the rubber vibration isolator), and what looks like a fuse holder covered with tape likely that went to a switch (maybe a level sensor).

So either a pump or solenoid to control flow of some liquid. Small volume high pressure, or an air pump maybe to aerate water.

But the electrical plug indicates a stationary device rather than something on a tractor or truck.

And when it comes down to it, @Pat Riot, SASS #13748 is correct as to the question of what it is now. I'm trying to answer the question "What was it?"

Shocked so many here don't recognize a thing-ma-jigger from a doohickey. It's obviously not a what-cha-ma-callit from a thinga-ma-bob.

15 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

It's off the Hubble Space Telescope.  

Well, it ain't on the Hubble Space Telescope, so it's got to be off of it.

Your reasoning is sound.

Archived