SASS Wire Forum

Choice Ammunition

boston1

Choice Ammunition

how is this ammo

is the 45lc low velocity any good

.45 LONG COLT IN “WELLS FARGO” AMMO BAG! 180 GRAIN HI-TEK COATED RNFP~100% HAND-LOADED!!

I shoot Choice Ammunition in both of my New Vaquero revolvers and my Uberti '73 rifle. I shoot .357 RNFP 125 grain in the revolvers and the rifle, and have never had any problems with the cartridges. Choice Ammunition uses new brass and Federal primers in all their ammunition. I buy the 250 rounds in the Wells Fargo Bags and the bags are nice to put your brass in. They are a bit pricey, but I say you get what you pay for and they are well worth the price. Oh yeah, they are a SASS vendor to boot. You won't be disappointed with their ammo.

Don't use it in the rifle. Pistol only.

I have used the Cowboy ammo in .357, .38, .45 acp and .45 LC. Had good experience with most except the 45LC. I WOULD NOT recommend using the 45lc in any rifle. I experienced 3 squibs in one match between two rifles (two in a 66 and one in a Marlin). The customer service was good in replacing the ammo but never followed up after that. When I tried the new ammo provided I had a couple that I ran thru the rifle that sounded like a squib but were not, that's when I stopped using any of their ammo for rifle. Since then I have encountered a few other people who have experienced similar issues using it in the rifle.  On a good note, the .45 acp ran flawless in two of my 1911's. 

I have used Choice Ammo for quite a while in both my OMV revolvers and Uberti 66 and 73, and an 1860 Henry and have not had any troubles at all. Them being a SASS sponsor is an added bonus.

Jax T

If memory serves me well, one of the owners is a cowboy shooter from Southern California that I used to shoot with in the early 2000's at the Coto Cowboy's in Norco. I remember he worked for the city of La Mirada. But dang CRS, I can't remember his name!!

50 minutes ago, Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L said:

If memory serves me well, one of the owners is a cowboy shooter from Southern California that I used to shoot with in the early 2000's at the Coto Cowboy's in Norco. I remember he worked for the city of La Mirada. But dang CRS, I can't remember his name!!

Badwater Dan?

5 hours ago, Jeb Stuart #65654 said:

Was it Badwater Dan?

Yep, that's him. Last time I saw him was around 2010 at the Gunfight Behind the Jersey Lily. He had a nice period camp set up and I would have coffee with him each morning. Really nice guy.

20 minutes ago, Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L said:

Yep, that's him. Last time I saw him was around 2010 at the Gunfight Behind the Jersey Lily. He had a nice period camp set up and I would have coffee with him each morning. Really nice guy.

He shot at our Montana state match in 2017.  He is a member of the Bitterroot Buscaderos in Hamilton Montana.

2 hours ago, Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L said:

Am I correct that he is affiliated with Choice Ammunition?

He was a rep until a few years ago.  I'm pretty sure he doesn't work for them now.

Archived