SASS Wire Forum

Gun collecting sofeware

With excel, just select the tab that says insert, then select picture.  Search where you stored it and place the picture.  You will have to make room for the picture, but it is great for that purpose.

I use excel for designing stages just because it is so easy to put in pictures and they stay where you put them.

So for you gun, just insert some blank lines, then try the insert.  You can resize the picture to what you want.

49 minutes ago, Marauder SASS #13056 said:

I use excel for designing stages just because it is so easy to put in pictures and they stay where you put them.

Agree.  Excel is a great format for stage writing.  You can quickly  draw any custom target shape or array you want in paint, save them all onto one "target" file, then just select-copy-paste them wherever you want them on the Excel page.  The targets can even easily be placed on top of a stage layout photo or a Google Earth sky view.  

2 hours ago, Barbwire Bill, SASS #661 said:

Does anyone use gun collecting software?

I have been using an excel spreadsheet but wanted to add pictures and I’m not good with excel so don’t know if you can do that.

Any recommendations? 
Thanks 

BB

I use Gun Log SPC.  It's a APP for iPhone.  3 pictures per firearm (I use a close up showing the serial number, a overall and the third is of the receipt), date purchased/sold, price paid notes and more.

I just use Word.  It has been around for a long time and is very easy to use.

Archived