SASS Wire Forum

EOT 2021 Lodging Help

Marshall Mike

On range is handy but you need to dry camp and tolerate the noise of generators.  For camping off range I prefer Hidden Valley.  The weekly EOT rate is a bargain and you get a swimming pool.  For motels the Comfort Inn in Edgewood is by far the handiest.  If not staying there I like the Sunset Inn in Moriarty.  It is an older, one story property with outside entrances.  This makes it easy to move guns to and from your room.  (Never leave unsecured firearms in a vehicle in New Mexico.)  There is a link on the EOT page with lodging information.  The information is pretty complete.

I have not experienced traffic problems at EOT but do advise avoiding Barton Road north of the ranch.

When my wife and I and a few friends went in 2016, we stayed in Albuquerque in the Candlewood Suites, I think it was about $69 per night at the time.  Had a small kitchenette in the room, a laundry on site, plus close to lots of restaurants.

There is the added bonus that you are about 1500' lower in altitude so those who don't acclimate well to the altitude of the range can recharge a bit overnight.

It was about 45 min each way, but the roads were good and the traffic was not an issue.  Granted all of that was 4 years ago.

We did miss a few of the social events in the evenings, but it worked well for us.

I have stayed numerous times at Holiday Inn off Eubanks.  Two nice places to eat in easy walking distance, Sadie's and The Owl Cafe.  A number of shooters have stayed there when I was there.  I believe there is a Best Western in Moriarty that a number of shooters use also.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, if you have a way to stay on range, stay on range.

Many private rentals of RVs... And about the same cost.

Dry camping, but water/sewer trucks available as needed.

Generators go off at 10:30pm.

Moriarty has plenty of hotels...several B&Bs in the East Mountains.

Archived