SASS Wire Forum

.22 Conversion Kit by Taylor's & Co.

Hopalong Mac McLin

A few month ago I asked if anyone had tried Taylor's .22 conversion cylinder and barrel.   It has a barrel that slips into the barrel of your .45 and a .22 cylinder.   Sounds like a great idea for practice purposes, but does it work?

Anyone?

I can see putting a Shaver or Crossno .22 barrel liner into a high dollar buffalo or long range rifle.

But why in a revolver?

Even a decent .22 revolver doesn't cost that much.

Because it is there!  I want a pair of the .38 conversions, enough so that I recently purchased a pair of Pietta revolvers to use them in....  Just need to find out all of the ins and outs of the small bullets in the big barl???

Old jocks never die.....you play like you practice.    I practice with my match guns.   I shoot duelist, have small hands, and my pistols have the lower competition hammers.    Have been unable to find .22s exactly like my Uberti El Patron Competition models.   If they made them and they were readily available, I would certainly be in the market.   Thus the need for the the barrel insert, etc. so that I can shoot my match guns.   I shoot 38s in competition, but I have .45s which are set up and handle exactly the same as my .38s.   The Taylor's kit works with .45s.

Archived