Trigger Mike

Covid 19. Spiders are next

Naw, next is Kanye West running for President.  :rolleyes:

Can ya just imagine Kim Kardashian as First Lady??  :o  :huh:

43 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Covid 19. Spiders are next

Not spiders, ticks!

https://www.pestworld.org/news-hub/pest-articles/the-year-of-the-tick/

Health and insect experts are calling it a perfect storm of conditions coming together to create a tick population explosion - lack of acorns and the mild winter. Specifically, the mild winter has allowed ticks, much like other insects to thrive and emerge earlier than usual. As for the acorns, oak trees produced an extremely large acorn crop in 2010, which led to a boom in the white-footed mouse population last year.

4 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

Not spiders, ticks!

Not ticks not ticks not ticks not ticks please please please

I haven’t seen any ticks out here on our ranch.  None on the horses, either, or on our two little house dogs at our other home, in town.  The summer is young, though, we’ll see how it goes.

Cat Brules

The hornets saw all the rioting and looting and turned around and went back to their hives!!

I still remember the year we had the pepper ticks.  Called them that because they were about the size of a grain of coarse ground pepper.

We were visiting my Aunts cabin and my Mom and Dad had just come in from a walk and sit down at the kitchen table to enjoy a glass of tea. When I brought Mom her glass I noticed that her white blouse had all these little black specks on it and if you watched closely enough they were moving. When I said something my Mom jumped up and went outside to the outdoor shower and immediately took a bath. Made dad bring her fresh clothes and then made him take her to a hotel. Mom and dad cut their vacation short and went back home My sister and I stayed there with my aunt for the remainder of the summer. Every morning all us kids took a bath from the waist down in powdered sulphur and every evening my aunt inspected all us all for ticks. Picked up very few ticks with the sulphur bath and most that did latch on could be removed with a scrape with a butter knife. However every so often one would really dig in and had to be dug out with the point of a sharp knife.

Man were those little buggers bad that year.

Had one of these at my place a couple of days ago (though slightly smaller). 

image.png.8b3db255d50bfef9a95b91eab95d5ff4.png

And one of these last night.

image.png.9a989807037e46f93bbd8dadaa51353a.png

And I see a few of these at night and have caught three in the house already this year!

image.png.ebb84ea2e8ed0e8f15a107a779bebdcd.png

And the Tarantula Hawks are flying around.

image.png.9fa6ecc031804a377e85586eef3b6e48.png

So bring on the "Murder Hornets". They will fit right in here.

15 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Had one of these at my place a couple of days ago (though slightly smaller). 

image.png.8b3db255d50bfef9a95b91eab95d5ff4.png

And one of these last night.

image.png.9a989807037e46f93bbd8dadaa51353a.png

And I see a few of these at night and have caught three in the house already this year!

image.png.ebb84ea2e8ed0e8f15a107a779bebdcd.png

And the Tarantula Hawks are flying around.

image.png.9fa6ecc031804a377e85586eef3b6e48.png

So bring on the "Murder Hornets". They will fit right in here.

I'll not be showing these to my wife. We are considering Arizona as a new home after we retire.

10 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I'll not be showing these to my wife. We are considering Arizona as a new home after we retire.

FWIW - I live about 15 miles north of town where there is a lot of wildlife around. 

Even had this guy in the back in March.

image.png.a2753cb0e6c530c9d9dee366ea8f086b.png

22 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Don't go looking for a house during the fall tarantula migration. Nothing will thrill her more than seeing a big harry tarantula crossing the road.

At least we ain't got no chiggers in these parts!!  :lol:

One thing I do NOT miss about Texas~!  ^_^

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Don't go looking for a house during the fall tarantula migration. Nothing will thrill her more than seeing a big harry tarantula crossing the road.

The local newspaper has had stories about a tarantula named "Manuel". Supposedly, Manuel has shown up in (yes, in) the same home every year for around 20 years! As tarantulas do not live that long, the homeowner assumes that it is Manuel II and so on. The homeowner was worried last year as Manuel was late.  

https://www.dcourier.com/news/2013/sep/09/around-the-bluhmin-town-tarantulas-annual-visits-/

https://www.dcourier.com/news/2019/sep/08/around-bluhmin-town-manuel-tarantula/

https://www.dcourier.com/news/2019/oct/06/around-bluhmin-town-manuel-visiting-tarantula-has-/

Yuk Yuk Yuk   :o  :D  :lol:

That phony grasshopper picture is probably older than I am!!

It is vey funny, though!

Cat Brules

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, at least they are less objectionable than the CA legislature and their asinine laws!!!!:angry:

7 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Well, at least they are less objectionable than the CA legislature and their asinine laws!!!!:angry:

Wait...those aren’t ex-California politicians that ran away from their own idiocy?

25 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Wait...those aren’t ex-California politicians that ran away from their own idiocy?

Nope! I have no desire to squash any of them (the critters, not the politicians). Not even the scorpions as they eat bugs that are more annoying to me (crickets)!!!!!!!:P

Archived