SASS Wire Forum

Posting to the FORUMS

What device is your favorite to use when posting to the Forums and why?

Also, which method do you find you end up using?

For me, my computer at home or the office.

Why? Faster, easier to see and read threads and much easier to search and download pics, etc.

Find I use my tablet and Android phone the most. Each has it's PROs and CONs.

Tablet allows me to select my favorite font and size, whereas my phone doesn't.

My phone always uploads pics I find, whereas my tablet sometimes gives an error message on numerous attempt before it loads successfully.

Most of my saved items are on the computer, with no access to them from either my phone or my tablet.

I rarely do anything with my phone. If I’m in the man cave I use the laptop. In the house the I-Pad sits next to the recliner and is handiest.

IPad exclusively.

If I’m posting a sentence or two, iPhone.  A longer composition comes from my Mac.  Recent photos from iPhone, old photos from the Mac with the external hard drive storage.

Haven't had a response from Alpo yet, but guess his answer would be: typewriter. * :o

* Only way to explain his many OTTO corrections! ;) :P

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I rarely do anything with my phone. If I’m in the man cave I use the laptop. In the house the I-Pad sits next to the recliner and is handiest.

+1 I’m on my iPad now.

CJ

Right now I'm on the man cave laptop. We took it with us to Charlotte and my wife used it mostly, so now I'm having to change some settings. Home page, favorites, etc. :)

My computer an IMac, although I’m on my phone right now!:P

Appx 98% of the time, it’s on my smart phone.

Desk top.

I just got my first smart phone.

Had an emergency cell phone since 1998.

It had text in and out, voice mail in and 911.

I hadn't had a land line or any other phone for almost 20 years.

The VA forced me to get a real phone.

My $7 per month because of there voice mail and multiple text message started running my emegency phone up over $50 per month.

Havng talked with several carriers over the last few years, I got a plan I could live with for $30 per month. ($32) per month.

I got a phone for texting and camera.

The rest I can live without.

But I am learning

Took me 4 month to figure out how to answer an incoming call.

Still working on how to hang up.

Desktop or tablet (10" Android).  Mostly the tablet. 

I don't post off the phone or even browse on it.  Those little buttons are way too small for the fingers (the same reason that I don't like texting).  The phone is used for calls and, on the rarest of occasions, a camera.  I like the tablet's camera better for taking pictures than the phone.  I use a 8" tablet for documenting completed projects at work, so I've gotten pretty good at taking pictures with them.

I'm in the computer business.
For that reason alone, I do not (and will not) own a smart phone.
I keep a voice TracFone when I'm out, for emergency use only.

I do a huge amount of development and research work, and dual monitors are an absolute "must have."
So, I built a hot-rod workstation, double monitors, solid state drives, 64g of RAM... the works.

This machine is a Win7 Pro system running v71 (downlevel) Firefox with AdBlock-Plus.
I despise the Win10 nanny and interface, so I keep a virtual machine with Win10 as needed.
I have couple dozen specialized virtual machines on VMware ESX, each with a dedicated purpose.
My lab server is Server 2012, which works just fine.

Turbo Tax, Lacerte, and other commercial packages will no longer run on Win7 after 2020.
Intuit has obsoleted them all, and forced the public on to Win10.
I have a Turbo Tax VM dedicated for this purpose.

All machine images are backed up to external USB drives, for "just in case."
45 years of code development is burned to multiple DVD copies, with one copy in the safe deposit box.

I use my iPhone, 100% now.

I have no Internet service out here.   Maybe there’s some local thing going now, but I gave up long ago, after trying HughesNet.....8-10-second response time, OR the page just timed out.   They wanted me to pay for that.....

Cat Brules

I use my iPhone XS Max nearly all the time. I do post from my work PC a little. 

Using the phone limits my ability to use different fonts, colors and other things but it is most convenient. I wish the service SASS uses for the Wire would come forward into the 2020’s. 
Note the vast options in the screenshot below...Not!4C9F3838-D436-4F7E-A7A1-BE8220F28C94.thumb.png.08056e74c792e74833014024d2980d1c.png

What a Maroon...I was clicking the “Submit Reply” in the screenshot wondering why won’t this post?..,Need more coffee. :blink:

Archived