SASS Wire Forum

The Tennessee Stud was long and lean

the color of the sun and his eyes were green.....

I just got an hour long phone call from Stud.  I haven't heard from him in a coon's age, and it was sure good to get some catching up done.  Must be close to three ears since we had a palaver and was sure fine to just remember old times.

Before I forget, he wanted me to tell Rowdy Yates, Hardpan Curmudgeon, Lumpy Grits, Allie Mo, Doc Shapiro and a whole herd more of you "howdy",  and he misses you all.  There were a few dozen more, but I didn't write them all down.  Just know that he thinks about a lot of you folks.

He's near blind but still has his hair and is doing much better physically.

Blackwater, you'll hear from him shortly about a trip our here to visit.  Well, that and just plain old whittle and spit.

Man, it was sure fine to hear from him.  I have lots of friends in this old world, and he's one of the best.

34 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

the color of the sun and his eyes were green.....

I just got an hour long phone call from Stud.  I haven't heard from him in a coon's age, and it was sure good to get some catching up done.  Must be close to three ears since we had a palaver and was sure fine to just remember old times.

Before I forget, he wanted me to tell Rowdy Yates, Hardpan Curmudgeon, Lumpy Grits, Allie Mo, Doc Shapiro and a whole herd more of you "howdy",  and he misses you all.  There were a few dozen more, but I didn't write them all down.  Just know that he thinks about a lot of you folks.

He's near blind but still has his hair and is doing much better physically.

Blackwater, you'll hear from him shortly about a trip our here to visit.  Well, that and just plain old whittle and spit.

Man, it was sure fine to hear from him.  I have lots of friends in this old world, and he's one of the best.

Tough ole goat, was always a trip hearing from him. Miss that fellow. Thanks for the update 40

Yeah!!  We have talked about a tour when things settle down.

He has lost the vision in one eye, but he still sees well enough to drive a little and he was out back with a chainsaw back when we had the storms in the spring.

Still very alert and he still has strong opinions about things that he is passionate about!!

His health has improved enough that the medications that made him so...... are no longer needed.

He asks about many of his old friends and always wishes them well!

TS is my friend and a kindred spirit!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have actual photographic evidence that there really IS a Tennessee Stud!!

Went down to spend the morning with him.  We'd made a deal on some black powder and it was cheaper to drive down and get to than to have it shipped with the HAZMAT fee!!

We went to breakfast, took a jaunt over to Nathan Bedford Forrest's 1863 headquarters in Columbia, TN, and hung out at his newly delivered cabin in the woods!!

I actually captured a few photos of him in his natural habitat!!

IMG_E3603.JPG

IMG_E3604.JPG

IMG_3614.JPG

IMG_E3615.JPG

IMG_E3616.JPG

That cannon ball is from the desk of Forrest.  He used it as a paper weight after recovering it from the aftermath of a battle at Columbia, Tennessee.  Seems it got pretty close to the general during the confrontation!!

Me and Stud had some fun years ago at EoT. He was and always will be a character. I am happy to hear he is doing okay.

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I have actual photographic evidence that there really IS a Tennessee Stud!!

Went down to spend the morning with him.  We'd made a deal on some black powder and it was cheaper to drive down and get to than to have it shipped with the HAZMAT fee!!

We went to breakfast, took a jaunt over to Nathan Bedford Forrest's 1863 headquarters in Columbia, TN, and hung out at his newly delivered cabin in the woods!!

I actually captured a few photos of him in his natural habitat!!

IMG_E3603.JPG

IMG_E3604.JPG

IMG_3614.JPG

IMG_E3615.JPG

IMG_E3616.JPG

I seem to remember his beard being longer and he was wearing more black than Johnny Cash.....and guns sticking out everywhere.

He had a pair of Glock 21s hanging off of him when I got there.  Just took ‘em off so as to not mess up Schoolmarm’s upholstery!!  B)  :lol:

47 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

He had a pair of Glock 21s hanging off of him when I got there.  Just took ‘em off so as to not mess up Schoolmarm’s upholstery!!  B)  :lol:

Not Heckle and Jeckle? They may be too heavy now....;)

He keeps Heckle and Jeckle in the dry.  Them ol’ Glocks, it don’t matter if they get wet or scuffed up!!  ;)

Archived