SASS Wire Forum

NASCAR and the "Choose Rule" What the....???

Clay Mosby

I wasn't planning on watching anymore races after their latest virtue signalling shenanigans, but after their announcement of a "choose rule"  for the All Star wreck fest at Bristol I just might watch.

What they said is that prior to a start, at a designated spot on the track, ALL drivers could choose whether to start on the inside or outside lane not just the leader.  Sounds like mass chaos!

Question, what happens when both drivers in the same row both want the same lane??

51 minutes ago, Clay Mosby said:

I wasn't planning on watching anymore races after their latest virtue signalling shenanigans, but after their announcement of a "choose rule"  for the All Star wreck fest at Bristol I just might watch.

What they said is that prior to a start, at a designated spot on the track, ALL drivers could choose whether to start on the inside or outside lane not just the leader.  Sounds like mass chaos!

Question, what happens when both drivers in the same row both want the same lane??

Being inside or outside used to mean something at Bristol back before Bruton decided to ruin the track with progressive banking.  Before Smith added it to his empire, there was one groove- down at the bottom- and it was root hog or die.  If you got out of the bottom groove, you lost as many spots as there were between you and the first gap because nobody was going to let you in.  Passing meant waiting for a mistake or 'rooting' underneath the other car out of the low line by 'rubbing' him to get him 'loose'.

Have you noticed that the stands there haven't been full there in years? 

This is a track where family members sued each other over who go the dead relative's Bristol tickets.  Smith's and Humpy Wheeler's theory that every track ought to be capable of the exact same style of racing as their precious Charlotte took something special like the Bristol races and made them just as ho-hum as the rest of the tracks Smith owns.

Archived