SASS Wire Forum

.45-60 WCF ammo

18 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Can you cut down .45-70 brass?

I could and  have, I just would rather have some rounds with the caliber stamped on them.  I'm down to about 80 rounds now and don't want to run low.

7 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I could and  have, I just would rather have some rounds with the caliber stamped on them.  I'm down to about 80 rounds now and don't want to run low.

I looked up the Buffalo Srms .45-60 ammo on their website. Their explanation states that the ammo is made with reformed brass.  That tells me that it may have been cut down from .45-70 brass and it MAY have a .45-70 head stamp on it, NOT .45-60.

If the proper head stamp is important to you, then were I you, I would check with Buffalo Arms that the ammo you buy has the proper .45-60  head stamp.  

And, at a cost of three dollars ($3.00) for each round, I would check to be sure......twice, and get names of those people I speak to there about it.  It sounds like these MAY be cut down, and carefully reloaded shell cases, which MIGHT be a bit fragile when YOU attempt to reload them......depending on what “reformed brass” means to Buffalo Arms.

Not my business, 40, just a flag, from my side to you.

Cat Brules

9 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

I looked up the Buffalo Srms .45-60 ammo on their website. Their explanation states that the ammo is made with reformed brass.  That tells me that it may have been cut down from .45-70 brass and it MAY have a .45-70 head stamp on it, NOT .45-60.

If the proper head stamp is important to you, then were I you, I would check with Buffalo Arms that the ammo you buy has the proper .45-60  head stamp.  

And, at a cost of three dollars ($3.00) for each round, I would check to be sure......twice, and get names of those people I speak to there about it.  It sounds like these MAY be cut down, and carefully reloaded shell cases, which MIGHT be a bit fragile when YOU attempt to reload them......depending on what “reformed brass” means to Buffalo Arms.

Not my business, 40, just a flag, from my side to you.

Cat Brules

Like I said, Buffalo Arms doesn't have any .45-60 in stock and ca' t tell me when they will.  I'm damn near 80 years old.  I don't have time to wait, but thanks anyway.

10 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Like I said, Buffalo Arms doesn't have any .45-60 in stock and ca' t tell me when they will.  I'm damn near 80 years old.  I don't have time to wait, but thanks anyway.

Yes, I saw that Buffalo Arms currently have no .45-60  in stock.
Someone here will likely offer to gin some 50 rounds up for you.  

Cat Brules

An outfit I recently discovered on line called Ammunition Artifacts has brass made from .45-70 cases for $35 per 20. They have a lot of hard to find brass. 

Seamus

Archived