SASS Wire Forum

NFL and the National Anthem...

So the NFL says that for the first week of the season the National Anthem will be replaced with "Lift Ev’ry Voice And Sing."

Okay.  Their venue; they can do what they want.  Won't matter a bit to me 'cuz I ain't plannin' on bein' there.

But, I AM curious:  Will folks be taking a knee....?     :huh:    

When I worked if I took a knee in any type of protest I'd be fired right on the spot.

They said “Lift every voice is the black national anthem. So  now we have 2 National anthems now?? I’m so sick if this crap !

42 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

They said “Lift every voice is the black national anthem. So  now we have 2 National anthems now?? I’m so sick if this crap !

Does this create equality or further division?

20 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Does this create equality or further division?

Further division for sure! What about the Asians and Hispanics are they going to have their own National Anthem too? Where will it stop? Will it extend into ethnicity? Italian, German, Irish etc?? Crazy !! 

There is no such thing as a "Black National Anthem" this is just something to placate the politically correct, cancel culture liberals. This is the United States of America, we do not discriminate by race color or creed. I find the notion of a black national anthem extremely racist and I will never stand if it is played, no matter where I happen to be. Like Rye Miles said, "I'm sick of this crap"  It's time to stop bowing down to these liberal snowflakes and BLM activists and stand up for our Republic and "One Nation Under God". 

I don't watch pro football, anyway.  I prefer college, and high school football.  To me, it seems college football is a faster game.  The pros seem sluggish, when I later may watch a little pro ball, after watching a college game. 

All this will further divide us, which I really believe is the goal of some of these people.  None of this has brought us together.  It has polarized us into two or more camps.  The protests, have been tainted with vandalism, pure thievery, and disrespect.  That cheapens the protest's goal, whether they know it or now.

I don't even watch the news anymore (since it is mostly leftist/liberal anyway), since that is all they can talk about...ad nausium!!! 

If they played a different anthem, at a game I was attending, I would sit down, or leave. 

I will never take a knee to anything, or anyone, except King Jesus, when He returns.  . 

In fact, carved into a lot of powder-horns, during the Revolutionary War, was the phrase: "I have no king, but Jesus"....an obvious cut to King George of England. 

They can play "three blind mice" at the games, for all I care.  I'm done sponsoring the players bloated paychecks, and lavish lifestyle.  It's just a game, and people need food, and a job, and rent money, and medical attention, and clothing.  I think I'll give my money to those things, instead of contributing to the dozen gold chains that hang around a player's neck, or the diamond ear studs, or the sports cars, or the mansions.  It's all gone too far. 

Everybody's life matters.  To say otherwise is a racial comment in, and of, itself!!!

W.K. 

The NFL  no longer has me for a fan. I played Rugby anyway!:P

We have one national anthem.  Anybody who wants another should form their own nation.  That is all.

Kneeling -black national anthem I'm through with the nfl !

Matter of fact any sport does this I'll Never watch again. 

Hope the players enjoy their cut in pay.

Hells Comin 

I quit the NFL some time ago, as many did as well.

As far as I’m concerned, both teams could form a daisy chain at center field, and I won’t be watching the disgusting display.

Cat Brules  

(No hats, no shirts, no Budweiser, or anything that popularizes that gang of fools)

They don't get a penny from me.

Won't watch on TV or go in person.

People that want to complain need to show them how they feel and not purchase a single thing that puts money in their pockets.

I haven’t really a big fan of watching sports. I would watch an occasional game with friends, but mostly because they wanted to watch. When I was a kid I loved baseball. I was a Pirates fan. I mostly grew up in Southwest Pennsylvania, therefore it was assumed by family and friends that I would be a Steelers fan. I wasn’t. Couldn’t care less about them or any other football team. I didn’t care to watch basketball either. I think a lot of my sports animosity or indifference came from watching people waste their lives on it. That and my Dad wouldn’t allow me to play. From the time I was eight years old I was expected to work for my Dad when I wasn’t in school. I did get to play a partial season of Little League Baseball until my Dad decided my coach was someone he disliked so he pulled me. But mostly I grew up with the attitude that if I couldn’t play or participate  I wasn’t going to watch it either. 

Another thing that I began thinking when in 8th grade history classes was that sports was just another distraction from politics, like in Rome when “the games” were put on to distract and appease the people of Rome. Adults couldn’t tell me the names of their Congressmen or Senators but they could name every player in Franco’s Italian Army (Steelers) and they could give you stats on every player in the Pittsburgh Pirates dugout. 

As I grew into adulthood I watched all my friends throw themselves into sports. I had “friends” that got the newspaper just for the sports section and literally had no idea what was going on in the news. I knew and know a lot of people like that. 

This country is SCREWED! And I blame a lot of it on the people that had their heads up their arses over sports. So I am GLAD the NFL IS DOING WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Maybe people might finally pull their heads out of their arses, but I fear it’s too little too late. 

God, Bless America. 

Minor correction: The reports I heard/read said it will be played BEFORE the National Anthem, not in place of. And only for the first week games.  I've heard commentary from several Blacks that think this is A: Incredibly divisive, and B: Another step closer to reviving segregation.

53 minutes ago, Clay Mosby said:

A: Incredibly divisive, and B: Another step closer to reviving segregation.

^^^^THIS^^^^

I swear that the MSM is doing their level best to destroy my country. :(:angry:

20 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Haven't watched them in many moons. They can go butt a stump for all of me.

JHC

They can go butt a stump for all of me.

I think I love it!!!

We have a football team in Northeast Florida they play so bad that people quit watching them years ago.  But if want to watch an NFL team for cheap and with plenty of social distancing (always).  

On 7/3/2020 at 9:44 PM, MizPete said:

We have one national anthem.  Anybody who wants another should form their own nation.  That is all.

And find some other place to do it!!

It’s Texas high school football for me.

16 hours ago, Alpo said:

Jaguars?

You know it, never have a winning season and always asking for more money from the city.   Stopped saying they would leave because know one cared

Well not wanting to get more stressed out than I already am,I checked it out.

THEY ARE NOT REPLACING  THE NATIONAL ANTHEM.

THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER WILL BE PLAYED AS USUAL. The other song will be played before it.

I don't really care. The Star Spangled Banner was not played at ball games and sports venues until 1918.

It did not officially become the national anthem until 1931.

I think I'll save my outrage for something else. And I got plenty of it.

n 1954, the general manager of the Baltimore Orioles, Arthur Ellers, a World War I veteran complained that about the fact that fans went on talking, laughing and moving around as the anthem was played.

“‘To me,'” Ellers said, “‘it’s very distasteful.”

So disrespectful did he find it that he decided it wouldn’t be played anymore, relenting about a month later under pressure from the Baltimore City Council, which counts among the city’s main tourist attractions Fort McHenry, the actual broad stripes, bright stars and rockets red glare had inspired Francis Scott Key to write the words in 1814.

Orioles fans are not alone in their desecration of ‘The Star-Spangled Banner,’ of course,” wrote The Washington Post’s Mike Wise in a moment of disgust in 2012. “Many of their tainted gene pool have migrated to Verizon Center for Capitals games. Some of these louts actually yell “OH!” and “RED!” at different intervals — twice ruining the anthem. Their spawn can be found in Houston, too, where a small group called “The Red Rowdies” holler “ROCK-ETS RED GLARE!” during Rockets NBA games.”

16 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Ratings for National Football League games rose 5% in 2019, making it the most-watched season since 2016, the league said.

They don't give a rat's rear about us.

We're either a minority or people are lying and saying their boycotting and then NOT! I think it's the latter myself!

My viewership has been down to nothing the last few years mainly because of the baby a$$ rules that have been going into place for a long time and then my give a hoot  has been made even worse by the players conduct, and a little because the Broncos have really been stinking up the place.

I feel the good ol' used to be NFL has been on a downhill slide since the mid-90s when Super Bowl parties became fashionable and commercialized, and the mainstream hypnotizable sheep began making it a lovey dovey reason to  congregate with all the couples that they know, with the girls dressed in fashion statement, tailored team jerseys and watch bogus commercials for crappy products and consume even more junk food then they do on normal weekend. And then take work off on Monday because they are exhausted.

That all adds up to a lot of dollars for the sponsors who keep it in high gear to make the end of each season the must do social event of the year, with a glitzy halftime extravaganza  highlighted by a lip syncing liberal puke, whether you actually know anything about the sport or not.

Howdy,

Could they play that Dr Pepper song for me?

Its tasty stuff too.

Best

CR

wouldn't you like to be a pepper too???

They haven’t had a decent Super Bowl halftime show in years!!  The “protect the QB” rules and this new pass interference stuff is garbage!!

I’m becoming more and more disenchanted with pro football with every new season!

The NFL commissioner said without black players there would be no NFL! Really? Isn't that racist? Is he saying that white, asian and hispanics can't play football? Gimme a break!

Archived