SASS Wire Forum

Need lace up boots, suggestions?

Go West

I need to buy some lace up boots due to weak ankles. I can get a pair of Ariats for about $135. They have a low heel and round toe. Would this be a good choice? Thanks in advance.

I use my old suede combat boots [Bates brand]. 

They are well broken in and comfortable.

I have narrow feet and have found that the Justin Ropers fit me better than Ariats. 

Both companies make nice boots, get the ones that fit you best. If your feet aren’t happy you won’t be happy. 

Just got a pair of Double H lacer boots. Great price and high quality US made. I've been  looking for a while and settled on these. I was wearing a pair of Wolverine 5” lacer that I have up for sale, for a while. Liked wearing lasers so much that I bought the Double H. 

8 hours ago, Chief Rick said:

I'm partial to the Double H Packers.

ME TOO. And, they're damn near indestructible.

I've been wearing Ariat lace up boots since I started this game.  The original pair has had new soles and heels several times, the next pair once, the next is still fine, the next have only been worn a few times.  Upper leather is finally cracking some on the original pair after all these years.  I assume they are as well made for men as they are for ladies.

Been wearing the same pair of Ariat lace-ups most of the time at matches for 14 yrs. Finally punched a hole in a sole last match kicking a shade stake loose. Have other boots but these are by far the most comfortable! Time they go to the cobbler for new soles & heels. Saw a very similar pair last yr in the big cowboy shop in Tombstone.

I've worn Ariats, Double H, Justins, etc. in packer boots. 

The ONLY pair I have worn for last 6 years - a pair of White's packers.  Only boots I can stand/run/shoot in gravel all day and not wish my feet would just fall off.  (Thank you again, PWB)

Good luck, GJ

The White,s packers have  been good for me and my high arches.  I got the round toe version, the only difference is the looks and the round toes work better for kneeling as in some other things I need to do, I wear the packers for other work.

These boots are heavy, but what Garrison Joe said is the way they work for me.

Due arthritis in the knees and bad feet I can't wear regular cowboy boots for long periods of time.  I've been wearing the Justin 6" lace up Transcontinental Brown for more then 15 years.  I wear them all the time at cowboy shoots and most of the time year round.  I finally had to replace the soles  about 2 years ago.  And I've been grateful for the waterproof Goretex liner more times then I can count.

Archived