SASS Wire Forum

Prayers for an easy passing

One of my daughter's oldest friends, 42 years, is in at home hospice care with lymphatic cancer.  He has very little time left and has accepted this before they doped him out of his mind.   However his mother, older  twin sisters, and two older brothers as well as my wife and a whole herd of friends need some comfort.

He has been like a big brother to my daughter and a son to my wife and me.  I've never known a finer man.

I'm asking for prayers for all of them and that his passing will be easy and pain free.

Thank you.

PS: those of you who are into NHRA will have seen his work.  For many years he was the man who laid out the monthly magazine and managed all the photo work and ads for them.

T.

Prayers

I’m sorry to hear this, Forty.  I know the difficulty and helplessness that accomanies watching someone close to us slowly pass away.

My prayers go out to your friend, for his comfort, and the comfort of his family and friends, as well.

CB

O Almighty God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, we pray to You for Your servant whose sickness is bringing

him to the end of his earthly life. You are the God whose only-begotten Son taught us that not even the smallest sparrow can fall without Your knowledge, and that You hold all creation in Your merciful arms. Look upon Your servant and allow this illness to be for the death only of those things which are the result of evil and sin. Let his thoughts be quieted with the peace and confidence of his final deliverance into the fullness of Your love. Keep his soul and body pure, and sanctify them during the time he remains among us, that on the last day he may be raised up with all Your saints to live with You in neverending glory. For to You belong praise and worship, to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

O Lord, look upon Your creature, and the work of Your hands. Take away is fear, and send Your angel to comfort
with the strength of Your presence, even as You were comforted in Your agony. We commend everyone he loves to Your providence and care, knowing that You will do more for them than he could ever desire. 
O Lord, You know his sins; have mercy on him, and in Your wealth of love and compassion for mankind, let heaven be opened to him. May he see the angels rejoicing over him, an unworthy sinner, as he is received into Your Kingdom. We are not worthy of Your love for us, but we trust that You will not abandon him to the eternal death of hell. By the prayers of Mary, Your Mother, and of all the saints, may he be counted among those who behold the light of Your face.
May he offer You the praise and worship which are his eternal life and joy. For You are his life and resurrection, and Your arms will receive him in love, O Jesus, and he shall glorify You, with Your Father, Who is without beginning, and Your most holy, good, and life-creating Spirit, now and ever unto ages of ages. Amen.

I offer my prayers for he and his family.

May the Light Perpetual Shine Upon him and give his family peace

I learned with Mama there's worse things than dying.  Prayers for peace and healing for the families.

Kinda’ familiar with his work. He’ll be missed!!

Peace and comfort to his family and friends.  May they find joy in his memory as time goes on.

My condolences to him, family and friends. You will all be in my thoughts and meditations.

10 hours ago, MizPete said:

I learned with Mama there's worse things than dying.  Prayers for peace and healing for the families.

We need a big AMEN.  My Father was on dialysis for almost 15 years.  Yes, he had some good days for which we were thankful but there were many he could have done without.

Prayers up Forty.

†Prayers Up for the Family†

My sincerest thanks to you all and my apologies for the delay in reporting back.  Matthew Hurd died just a few minutes after the 4th of July started in California.  I believe he stayed in there until he could go home on his favorite holiday.

We had known him since 1977 when we moved to Ontario and he became my daughter's best friend and surrogate big brother.  A devout Catholic, he never found a woman of his faith to marry.   And as big as he was (6'6" and a well muscled 325 pounds) he never played foot ball (Which brought tears to Coach Reno's eyes) because he didn't want to hurt anyone.  A truly gentle giant.

He will be greatly missed.

Thank you for the update.  No need to apologize for the delay.

O God of spirits and of all flesh, Who hast trampled down death and overthrown the Devil, and given life to Thy world, do Thou, the same Lord, give rest to the soul of Thy departed servant in a place of brightness, a place of refreshment, a place of repose, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away. Pardon every transgression which he has committed, whether by word or deed or thought. For Thou art a good God and lovest mankind; because there is no man who lives yet does not sin, for Thou only art without sin, Thy righteousness is to all eternity, and Thy word is truth.

For Thou are the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of Thy servants who have fallen asleep, O Christ our God, and unto Thee we ascribe glory, together with Thy Father, who is from everlasting, and Thine all-holy, good, and life-creating Spirit, now and ever unto ages of ages. Amen

May He Who arose from the dead, Christ our true God, through the prayers of His all-pure Mother; of the holy, glorious and all laudable Apostles; of our holy and God-bearing Fathers; and of all the saints; establish the soul of His servant who has  been taken from us, in the mansion of the righteous; give him rest in Abraham’s bosom, and number him among the just; and have mercy on us, forasmuch as He is good and loves mankind.

Grant rest eternal in blessed repose, O Lord, to Thy servant who has fallen asleep, and make his memory to be eternal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si_H9GXuGtU

Thank you for the update, Forty.  Glad he is no longer suffering.  Prayers continuing to all that new him.  May they have peace.

Archived