SASS Wire Forum

Guns of the Old West

38 minutes ago, Fence Cutter said:

Everyone should just go ahead and subscribe to that magazine, it never has a bad issue and it cost a heck of a lot less then buying it uptown.

4 issues for  $20.95 as opposed to $9.95 a copy!

Here in Politically Correct Canada, you seldom see any gun mags.

I have to subscribe for anything I want to read.

7 hours ago, Fence Cutter said:

Everyone should just go ahead and subscribe to that magazine, it never has a bad issue and it cost a heck of a lot less then buying it uptown.

I had a subscription.

Wasn't it Guns of the Old West that had problems and stopped printing/delivering magazines several years ago?

4 hours ago, Chief Rick said:

I had a subscription.

Wasn't it Guns of the Old West that had problems and stopped printing/delivering magazines several years ago?

I stopped my subscription last year but I re-upped today! I paid $9.95 for this summer issue, that's half of what you'd get for 4 issues! $20.95 for 4!

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I stopped my subscription last year but I re-upped today! I paid $9.95 for this summer issue, that's half of what you'd get for 4 issues! $20.95 for 4!

Yep the price of a single issue for any magazine is insane!

Now and then I will pick up a varmint hunting magazine or the like. I don't want to subscribe to it because after you've read them for so many years the articles repeat themselves. I mean there is only so much that can be said on any subject.

11 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Here in Politically Correct Canada, you seldom see any gun mags.

I have to subscribe for anything I want to read.

A couple of years ago Central Alberta CO-OP took all of the hunting and gun magazines off the shelf and when they got a new manager, they all reappeared.  All the major drug stores here have gun and hunting magazines on the shelf.  Now, having said that, most stores have removed all magazines and greeting cards from the shelves because of COVID-19.

When I see "Matt Dillon", I always think of that song,by Riders In The Sky, entitled "You Wore Out Your Welcome...Matt". 

The song laments the fact that Matt never seemed to think of, or want, to get together with Miss Kitty, and thus, "wore out his welcome" with her. 

If you have not heard it...it should be out there in you-tube land. 

W.K.

On 7/3/2020 at 2:33 AM, Chief Rick said:

I had a subscription.

Yup.  I had time left on my subscription when that happened.  When they started printing again they honored the rest of my sub so the new owners are standup people in my book.  I didn't hesitate to re-up when the time came. 

For me, Matt Dillon musically associates with the song, Should've Been a Cowboy.

"I bet you've never heard ol' Marshal Dillon say

Miss Kitty, have you ever thought of runnin' away?

Settlin' down, would you marry me

If I asked you twice and begged you, pretty please?

She'd have said, "Yes", in a New York minute

They never tied the knot, his heart wasn't in it

He just stole a kiss as he rode away

He never hung his hat up at Kitty's place "

On 7/3/2020 at 8:57 AM, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

........ most stores have removed all magazines and greeting cards from the shelves because of COVID-19.

That's a good deal, we wouldn't want magazines or greeting cards getting sick.

Especially the get-well cards. :ph34r:

On 7/3/2020 at 12:02 PM, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

When I see "Matt Dillon", I always think of that song,by Riders In The Sky, entitled "You Wore Out Your Welcome...Matt". 

The song laments the fact that Matt never seemed to think of, or want, to get together with Miss Kitty, and thus, "wore out his welcome" with her. 

If you have not heard it...it should be out there in you-tube land. 

W.K.

I got the impression Matt and Kitty got together but he never went to Jarod’s like Kitty wanted.

Archived