SASS Wire Forum

In Today's World

This saying, which was spoken many years ago...still applies today, more than ever..."In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." 

George Orwell.

The truth may not please us.  To paraphrase another old saying..."we love the truth when it uplifts us, we hate the truth when it convicts us".

The truth may not be what we like, or want to hear, but it is still the best policy, and anything less is, or should be, unacceptable to us. 

Remember all this, come election time. 

Do not vote for the party, vote for the individual.

Do not vote for who your local news media recommends; do not vote for who your union recommends/demands; do not vote for the party that your parents, and grandparents, and great-grandparents voted for, because, over time, that party may have changed dramatically from what it used to be. 

Consider what is important to you (if you are on this website, obviously recreational/safe use of firearms, is important to you) then vote for the individuals that best support what you think is right...no matter how unpopular they are with the news media, or the movie stars, or the pro-athletes.  Why should we think these groups are so wise and all-knowing?  Can you trust the news media?  No, all they want to do is "sell newspapers".  Can we trust the movie stars?  No. they make their living lying, and their personal lives are mostly a failure.  Can we trust the pro-athletes?  No. They get a job making millions, and spend it all on cars, big houses, and jewelry, and act like spoiled children. Many of them dishonor our flag, and what it stands for, yet they themselves are not perfect...far from it.

None of these groups are role models, unless failure is a role model.  So why listen to them, and allow them to influence your decisions? 

Think for yourself, after you have carefully considered the facts.  Then vote...this year, of all years.

Our sport, and the direction of our nation, depend on it. 

W.K.

4 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

support what you think is right...no matter how unpopular they are with the news media, or the movie stars, or the pro-athletes.

Or your friends.

1996. It was about 5:30, and I was about to leave for the polls. I asked this young lady I was with if she had voted yet.

No, she had not planned on voting.

Well you have to vote. It's your civic responsibility!

So she gets in the truck with me and we drive down to the polls and we both vote. As I'm driving away I asked her who she voted for.

Clinton.

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU VOTE FOR SLICK WILLY!??!?!?

She really didn't know who to vote for, and all of her friends for voting for Clinton, so she did too.

That was the last time I urged anyone to vote.

Those incapable of Reasoned Thought, really shouldn't Vote .... 

They the Sheeple would follow the Lemmings off the Cliff .... Up here they vote lieberal ...

Jabez Cowboy 

Archived