SASS Wire Forum

Sad to hear about the WB

Phantom, SASS #54973

I'm going to purposefully take an opposing view.  I think this is an incredibly happy time.  The founders of this wonderful sport have worked tirelessly for decades creating an activity we all know and love.  They've finally reached the point where they feel the sport has matured enough and the right people are in place (Misty and crew) to keep it running and growing for decades more.  That they now feel comfortable enough to step back and let their baby thrive is something to be celebrated.  From the very bottom of my heart, thank you Wild Bunch.  You've done a great thing. :wub:

The Government defines middle age as 60 to 85. #1 is a Marine. We don't surrender, we just regroup and charge from another direction.

I have met several of them over the last 20 yrs. 

And they are great guys. 

Thank you for all for what you've done.

Mustang

As a newcomer to this sport, I have never had the pleasure to meet any of the Wild Bunch, but I want to say thank you to each and every one of them for their dedication and contributions to this sport I have come to love. Happy retirement and I hope I will get to meet some of you on the trail here in the Arizona Territory, maybe Winter Range or Bordertown next year.

Misty Moonshine, thank you for taking the reins and moving us into the future whatever it may bring. I hope the next Wild Bunch will be as dedicated as their forebearers. 

A.G.

Having dedicated 40 years of their lives to SASS one can't blame them for enjoying the rest of their lives. Judge had some health issues a few years ago and Tex did also, US Grant passed away a while ago so I'm sad and glad that they are stepping away from the board portion of SASS. I look forward to shooting with them in the future. Enjoy your 2nd retirement. Remember none of us would be shooting cowboy or on this wire if it weren't for those guys pulling out their cowboy guns 40+ years ago! Love them or hate them we owe them a huge thanks.

Rafe

I've shot with Tex afore. He joined us at the Indiana State Championship some years back. I showed him how to get whooped by a little girl. :lol: First class guy. 

Archived