SASS Wire Forum

Sad to hear about the WB

Phantom, SASS #54973

For the last 10 or so years the WB hasn't been given the respect and recognition that I think they desire... And now they're stepping down.

Sad to see an era come to an end.

Phantom

:ph34r:  Grateful for their efforts, vision and hard work that have created the SASS world as we know and experience it.  Was blessed to have shot with some of them at various matches through the years.  They exemplify the 'Cowboy Way'.

Hope they now can enjoy a well-deserved rest, and MORE SHOOTIN'!

Truly blessed to have met them all at one time or another. They have provided me with more than I will ever be able to repay. 

In addition to thanking those members of the Wild Bunch who are now retiring, I also remember the contributions of other folks that have served on the WB over the years to give us this great game. General U.S. Grant SASS #2 and Coyote Calhoun, SASS #201 immediately came to my mind.

Indeed very sad, and leaving a "what next" thought as to future of a sport we love so much.  But, we must look on and put our trust in Misty and those future board members.

To keep it simple in knowing each one of those members pictured, and having very memorable experiences with most every single one of them, I just say "THANK YOU".

3 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Indeed very sad, and leaving a "what next" thought as to future of a sport we love so much.  But, we must look on and put our trust in Misty and those future board members.

To keep it simple in knowing each one of those members pictured, and having very memorable experiences with most every single one of them, I just say "THANK YOU".

I firmly believe that there's a "buyer" in the mix.

To the founders and board members I say thank you for all the dedication and hard work for a great many years.  To the future board members, remember the history and pay homage.  Keep an eye on the future and lead the way of the greatest group of pards.  

34 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Phantom, 

There is no outside "buyer" in the mix. 

Misty

Will we as members be able to vote and/or recommend new board members ya know kinda like we vote on NRA board members?

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Will we as members be able to vote and/or recommend new board members ya know kinda like we vote on NRA board members?

That is certainly one method/model that I am considering for the future. We'll know more as the dust settles and things calm down a bit after the main transition occurs in October. 

Misty

A sad day indeed, I have had the pleasure of meeting the Judge several times. I have also shot with Tex and Cat at eot and bordertown the last few years and have absolutely enjoyed it every time, even though Tex and I "fought" over who was shooting first! 

Let's hope and pray that the wildbunch continue to travel and shoot for as long as health permits it. Hopefully the next board can propel us into the next 40 years of growth. 

Rafe

Like any change - this will be "interesting", "challenging", "frightening" and/ or "exciting".

I, for one, look forward to the opportunities this brings to move SASS in a positive direction.

Change offers the chance to move beyond the current status quo. 

Revisit options, methods and ideas that perhaps had been dismissed in the past.

Look at possibilities that have not been explored fully because of entrenched thinking.

Times changes, people change, entities change - there are times when the leaders must change as well.

I'm assuming the Wild Bunch considered all the ramifications of this decision and came to the conclusion that their baby will be left in capable hands.

Thank you to the Wild Bunch.

For creating and leading our game for all these years.

And thank you for trusting us to continue taking it forward.

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I firmly believe that there's a "buyer" in the mix.

Your inbox full.

you still have email address from past?

Don't even believe we can give a proper thanks to the Wild Bunch for what has been done. But, THANKS! A toast, and see you at the range.

I feel similarly to Creeker.  Yeah it's sad to see this generational change, but it's also an opportunity.  I think it's good that they are leaving on their own terms and their own timetable.  

Thanks for a great sport and great run Wild Bunch!

That is sad news and want to thank them all for the years that have past. Have been a member since March 1988 and still keep on trucking along side parts of my family members and many friends attending various Cowboy action shooting.

Thanks again Wild Bunch and do enjoy your future endeavors. God Bless you all. Special thanks to Misty Moonshine and her company folks keeping SASS alive.

Jackrabbit Joe #414 & Sly Puppy #78115

Just want to echo the thanks to the Wild Bunch for all their years of service and friendship to SASS and its members!  Without them SASS would never have become what it is today.  So, enjoy your leisure years, Pards!  When this virus mess clears up, maybe we'll see you down the trail!  Stay well!  And to Misty Moonshine, thanks for all your past service and continued success as new "trail boss" for SASS!

Your humble, obedient servant,

Trailrider

14 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I'm gonna nominate Phantom to be over Borg membership department.

..........Widder

Oh hell yeah!

Course only if you want a VERY small membership base...

:rolleyes:

Lots of water under the bridge.  Old friends, new friends, friends yet to be met.  From a game started 40 years ago, it has become important to a lot of folks.  Thanks to the Wild Bunch for the laughs, good times, frustrations and all the cowboy guns.  Who woulda thought? 

Tex

I shot with Hipshot a few weeks ago.  He took a break from construction on Founders Ranch to shoot a match.  The props and buildings on range are monuments to his involvement.  This is especially true of the chapel.

The shooting sports are well-suited for recreation during a pandemic.  Most shooting sports are outdoor activities where individuals can keep their distance.  Many travel and camp in RVs as many are doing this summer to avoid air travel.  The shooting sports should fair better than indoor sports.  At major matches we will probably loose many international shooters and indoor mass gatherings for banquets, entertainment and award ceremonies.  Posse photos too may be a a thing of the past.  I hope the new Wild Bunch and organizers of major matches can keep the atmosphere we had pre-pandemic.  Major matches could become just overgrown local matches with vendors.  That would make them less attractive.  Again, I wish the new Wild Bunch success in keeping CAS attractive at the highest levels of competition.  I think local matches will continue with less difficulty.

I am just curious as to what event(s) facilitated this.  It strikes me as odd that an entire Board of Directors suddenly decides to resign en masse.  Does anyone have any background info?

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

I am just curious as to what event(s) facilitated this.  It strikes me as odd that an entire Board of Directors suddenly decides to resign en masse.  Does anyone have any background info?

Thanks.

You have to realize that they’ve been doing this for nearly 40 years and none of them are getting any younger. They’ve all pretty much dedicated their lives to building SASS and with the cancellation of EOT they probably decided they didn’t need that kind of stress in their lives in their later years. I’m pretty sure that Misty and the WB will have a pretty good plan in place when October rolls around.

Archived