SASS Wire Forum

Bedding down in Shawnee, IT tonight.

Utah Bob #35998

A little over a thousand miles since yesterday through NC, TN, AR, and into the wind which’s sweeps down the plains. Weather has been okay. Tomorrow through Texas and to NM. Home by Thursday evening hopefully. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

About 70 miles from here.  Make a trip to Van's Pig Stand for bbq!!!!

We’ll be westbound and down shortly after sunrise. :D

10 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Indian Territory, aka Oklahoma

;) THX

Safe journey!

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

;) THX

I been through Shawnee OK many times, and was born about 100 miles NE of there.  I have a chair with the name "Grand Hotel Grove, OK IT" burned into the underside of the seat.  

Safe journey through the Panhandle tomorrow!  Looks like breezy but otherwise good weather... and I actually have seen it rain frogs there~!!  ^_^

(As I recall, it was about 150 miles south of Amarillo...  '65, I think it was :rolleyes:)  

You two be careful and drive safe. Watch out for those who are not.

I’ll bet you’re both going to be very happy to get home.  

CB

Safe trip, glad Carol is bringing you along;)

Leg 3 complete. Right now we’re checking in to the Quality Inn in Rio Rancho NM.

Should be home by tomorrow afternoon. :D

2FA2DFD8-738A-4412-A394-36365C61C7B7.jpeg

On 6/30/2020 at 6:52 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

A little over a thousand miles since yesterday through NC, TN, AR, and into the wind which’s sweeps down the plains. Weather has been okay. Tomorrow through Texas and to NM. Home by Thursday evening hopefully. :lol:

Buc-ee’s has clean bathrooms, coffee, and beef jerky.

Traveling 2,000 miles in 3 days at my age proved to be rather tiring, Who knew?

First thing was to plow through the fine crop of tumbleweed that has grown up in the driveway,. 
We got things unpacked. Got the swamp cooler in operation but truthfully it’s cooler here than it was in Charlotte.

I went to the store to restock the fridge. That was expensive. Got a new flag up. The winds had shredded the old one.

Mowed the weeds down. I’ll spray em tomorrow. Today I’ll just mow the front yard and then take the rest of the day off for the 4th.
It’s Great to be home. Had a tear in me eye when I caught sight of the house from the road.

Still no Covid cases in our county.

A pretty nice Independence Day.:FlagAm:

Bob-Carol-7-4-2020.jpg

Birdgun wanted me to share some travel info:

It appeared that most places were open with some restrictions. No free breakfast at the motels and hotels. Some had the lobby closed and registration was via the night window. The traffic was heavy through Nashville, Memphis, Little Rock, OKC, Amarillo. and Albuquerque I stopped for gas several miles outside the cities at less busy stations. A lot of the rest areas along the Interstate were closed. Always call the hotel you've booked before arrivela to ensure nothing has changed. In some hot areas hotels were renting only to locals and first responders.

We had sufficient food with us for the trip and just ate lunch in the car and dinner in the room. Som3 tourist attractions were beginning to open up. But they’re scaling that back now I hear. We weren’t interested in sightseeing anyway obviously. 
Overall, not a particularly pleasant trip but not difficult. No real problems, just inconveniences.

I would not fly yet from what I've seen. Flights, even with the restrictions just don't look safe to me.

Great to be home. Exhausted but happy.

Welcome home!!

Glad you made it back OK. Time for some R&R

57 minutes ago, Smoken D said:

Glad you made it back OK. Time for some R&R

Too much to do. I have the winter tires on the Subaru. Need to get them swapped out.
Trigger the F250 and the old Mazda have dead batteries. Mazda has a flat.

Fluorescents in the kitchen are dead.

Light switch on one ceiling fan went south.

Computer in the man cave won’t connect to the router.

The weed sprayer tank has a leak.
Busted my 7th Cav coffee cup! :angry:

But I got the Kubota and 4 wheeler up and running. Couldn’t make the parade in Dove Creek so I put a flag on the Polaris and had my own mini parade. Not much of a crowd. 4 crows, a couple of cottontails and a Mulie. I think they appreciated it though. ;)

Archived