SASS Wire Forum

Here comes the SUN, and I say.....

NASA has released a 10-year time lapse video of the sun by taking 425 million high-resolution images every 0.75 seconds in its orbit around Earth. :o

Each day can be seen in the lower left corner of the video.

image.png.1e8ad158ef77a1f25dbe6385ba64dabc.png

You can appreciate the video more by turning the volume down on the NASA video and turning UP the volume of this one....

26 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

NASA has released a 10-year time lapse video of the sun by taking 425 million high-resolution images every 0.75 seconds in its orbit around Earth. :o

Uh... Hey, Cool Gun ~ Didn't some dude named Copernicus tell us that the Earth orbits the Sun...?  :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Uh... Hey, Cool Gun ~ Didn't some dude named Copernicus tell us that the Earth orbits the Sun...?  :rolleyes:

Hardpan,

I'm sure NASA is aware of that; however, I believe they were talking about Spacecraft orbiting the Earth while taking the pictures. B)

So y'all can actually see something on that first video?

Because I have tried to watch it three times now, and all three times I get this.

Screenshot_20200701-093951.png

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

So y'all can actually see something on that first video?

Because I have tried to watch it three times now, and all three times I get this.

Alpo,

Maybe time for new glasses...? :P

Nerd Glasses Round Bubbles Glasses Bug Eyes Specs Coke Bottle Costume

5 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Interesting how much the sun changed in that relatively short period of time.  There wasn't nearly as many bright spots at the end.  I wonder if the overall intensity of the sun had changed measurably. 

There is a 22 year cycle, which is two 11 year cycles. The video is almost a 1/2 cycle, I'm looking forward to the sequel.

6 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Alpo,

Maybe time for new glasses...? :P

Nerd Glasses Round Bubbles Glasses Bug Eyes Specs Coke Bottle Costume

Maybe some whiskey glasses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjBp30kjzTc

Posting only as a link rather than embedding because the video has nothing to do with the sun, it just popped into my head with the mention of glasses.

Archived