SASS Wire Forum

Strange phone call

Trigger Mike

my cell showed that I missed a call while I was on the phone with my mom.  I called it back but got no answer so I hung up.   

A few minutes later a young lady called and asked me what I was doing like she knew me.  I told her that I saw she had called and was calling her back but it may have been an accident. 

She asked, "how old are you?" I said 50.  She said she was 21 and asked "do you have a girlfriend?" I said no, but I do have a wife.  

She had a noticeable tone of disappointment in her voice and discouraged said that she wanted a boyfriend.   I told her good ones are hard to find.   

She then asked me to let her know if I find one.  I told her to take care and hung up.

Folks must be lonely out there. 

It gets more weird.   After I posted this she texted "hi" so I said hello.   She called again and said I can call anytime.   I said again that I am married.   During the silence I asked if she was looking for work.   She said she graduated.   I said several in town are hiring and can't find workers.

She said I stay at home and do laundry and such.  I said you sound lonely and she hung up. 

A few minutes later she texted "I love you "  I said we don't know each other.   So she texted her name is Ashley only when she called it said Paula.   Do people just randomly say i love you to strangers ?  Odd.

Howdy,

Delete.

Delete

Delete.

She is 24k trouble.

Warn your wife right away.

Better yet show your wife this post.

Do the words blackmail or extortion mean anything to you?

Best

CR

Didn't your mother ever tell you not to talk to strangers? If I don't have a number in my contacts, I don't answer it. If it's legit, they'll leave and name a number.

12 minutes ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

Didn't your mother ever tell you not to talk to strangers? If I don't have a number in my contacts, I don't answer it. If it's legit, they'll leave and name a number.

Yes but I run a rental business so never know who it is looking for a place to rent.  

I got a call from myself one night!! I'm not kidding!!! The caller ID had my name and phone number! Maybe I'm just a lonely guy and I called myself??:lol:

No Rye, but the scammers out there can spoof the computer systems, thus the telephone systems as well.

I get call, supposedly from within my area code, from fictitious numbers, that originated off the North American continent.

I used to get them on my wired home phone and my cell phone.

The ones on my cell have almost stopped now that my answering message is "This is Inspector C.L.Kid Leave a message at the tone." 

My friends know the story.

24 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

They usually send me pictures.  You must be doing something wrong. 

I contacted a guy on Craigslist one time about a truck.  He texted me a bunch of picture of the truck, then started sending me pics of his hot, semi-nude wife.  One right after another.  After about 4 hours, I finally had to ask him to stop.

Archived