SASS Wire Forum

Yellowboy stove pipes

Ok, so I have a early Uberti Yellowboy.  Serial number 3xx8. The dang thing stove pipes empty shells.  Do I tweak the ejector so it doesn't grab and releases better? Do I put a different ejector in it?  Remember, this is an old Uberti and I'm not sure all of the parts available today are interchangeable.  Does the shell carrier need to be changed?  I see that when it comes up under the empty round that it has some force on the spent round.  I don't think this gun had a lot of use prior to my owning it.  If I should send it to a gunsmith, who should I send it to?  I know of Longhunter, Scattershot and Pioneer but are there others I should consider?  I'm not looking for a race gun, just one that functions reliably. 

I looked into a short stroke kit for this years ago but when comparing it to my 73, the pivot pins in the 73 were larger. I did contact someone back then about it and as I recall they said that if I really wanted a short stroke for this piece, it would have to be custom and fitted.  I didn't pursue it much after that.

Any suggestions?

Just a guess but I would look at your extractor. I would make sure you don’t have a lot of buildup under the lip. 

Howdy,

Clean the firing chamber.

When I first clean my revolvers the empty just fall out.

I don't even need the rod.

Just a light buffing with a little drop or two cheap 89 cent a tube toothpaste.

FALL OUT.

Best

CR

3 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Do a deep clean of the ejector  and make sure the bolt tab is not broken

Great.  Now I have to strip it all apart again.  I cleaned under the ejector.  Found a little bit of gunk but not bad.  Guess I will have to tear it down again.

More than likely, the rifle is slightly out of time.  Also, there are NO parts available for your particular '66.  Should you screw up the parts in the gun, your in deep doo doo.  My council would be to replace it.

Archived