SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range is Going Forward!

Blackjack Zak

My fellow Cowboys and Cowgirls,

You can add me to the long list of SASS family missing our old friend End of Trail this year. The incredible fun combined with the world-class competition has kept me coming back for many years. I know that Misty and the Wild Bunch did not take their responsibilities lightly and ultimately made the very difficult decision to cancel with everyone’s best interests in mind.  As we know, this too shall pass and we look forward to next year!

I want to take this opportunity to assure you that currently the plans for Winter Range 2021 are proceeding as normal. We plan to make our 30th anniversary a match that won’t be soon forgotten. The Arizona Territorial Company of Rough Riders are moving forward on all fronts to produce another spectacular National Championship Wild Bunch and Cowboy Action match. The application is available on our website: www.WinterRange.com, and registration is open.

Although we have every intention to hold the match as planned, I want to assure you that in the event we are forced to cancel by any unforeseen circumstances or changes in State social distancing mandates, your entire entry fee will be refunded in full. We hope that this policy will reassure you that getting those applications in as early as possible is still in your best interest. Our deadlines for ordering awards, shooter’s gifts, and other items have not changed; an early, accurate count is definitely a benefit to our organization.

We will soon be sending a pre-match survey to prior Winter Range and EOT shooters, and to all SASS family shooters to determine their intentions. We will be asking for your opinions on attending large matches in light of some of the new and anticipated requirements imposed on large-scale events such as ours. We ask that you take the time to respond, giving us your honest feedback. Winter Range has always used our shooter’s feedback to improve our match, and in these changing times we are trying especially hard to take all of our shooter’s opinions into consideration.

We sincerely hope to see you February 22nd through the 28th for some more old west fun and competition. In the meantime please be safe and take care of each other.

Blackjack Zak

President and Match Director

Winter Range

SASS National Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting

Don't forget to offer the new SASS category, EL REY (Over 85).   :P

3 hours ago, Blackjack Zak said:

You can add me to the long list of SASS family missing our old friend End of Trail this year. The incredible fun combined with the world-class competition has kept me coming back for many years. I know that Misty and the Wild Bunch did not take their responsibilities lightly and ultimately made the very difficult decision to cancel with everyone’s best interests in mind.  As we know, this too shall pass and we look forward to next year!

I want to take this opportunity to assure you that currently the plans for Winter Range 2021 are proceeding as normal. We plan to make our 30th anniversary a match that won’t be soon forgotten. The Arizona Territorial Company of Rough Riders are moving forward on all fronts to produce another spectacular National Championship Wild Bunch and Cowboy Action match. The application is available on our website: www.WinterRange.com, and registration is open.

Although we have every intention to hold the match as planned, I want to assure you that in the event we are forced to cancel by any unforeseen circumstances or changes in State social distancing mandates, your entire entry fee will be refunded in full. We hope that this policy will reassure you that getting those applications in as early as possible is still in your best interest. Our deadlines for ordering awards, shooter’s gifts, and other items have not changed; an early, accurate count is definitely a benefit to our organization.

We will soon be sending a pre-match survey to prior Winter Range and EOT shooters, and to all SASS family shooters to determine their intentions. We will be asking for your opinions on attending large matches in light of some of the new and anticipated requirements imposed on large-scale events such as ours. We ask that you take the time to respond, giving us your honest feedback. Winter Range has always used our shooter’s feedback to improve our match, and in these changing times we are trying especially hard to take all of our shooter’s opinions into consideration.

We sincerely hope to see you February 22nd through the 28th for some more old west fun and competition. In the meantime please be safe and take care of each other.

Blackjack Zak

Winter Range

Your font is pretty hard to read on my iPad.

4 hours ago, Blackjack Zak said:

Blackjack Zak

Winter Range

Much easier to read.

Blackjack Zak

Thanks for your good work!

Cat Brules

On 6/30/2020 at 11:38 AM, Shooting Bull said:

Paying for a few other things at the moment so my application hasn't been sent yet.  But God willing and the creek don't rise I'll be there. :)

You need to be there...We need someone to set up targets and reset shotgun knockdowns....You have been elected....Besides who else is there to sit around with and shoot the bull...We will even let you buy the first round or two...

Texas Lizard

On 7/2/2020 at 12:25 PM, Shooting Bull said:

What do you mean run STILL??? I never could run in the first place. :lol:

Well you have 8 months to work on it...

Texas Lizard

Well, if that does not work for you...I guess I have to buy you cold one....

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 9:05 AM, Blackjack Zak said:

Blackjack Zak

Winter Range

Looking forward!

I will be they with pistol, rifles, Sharps. Highwall and every thing I have. My app went in June 16th.

Archived