SASS Wire Forum

Tusco July 4th Match - Important Notes

Buckaroo Bubba

Howdy All,

Our next match is this coming Saturday July 4th. We will be using the same procedures as our last match. We are taking the Covid 19 virus seriously and will be taking some extra steps to provide as safe of an environment as we can.

What to expect:

·       We “recommend” a face covering.

·       We will not be using Spotter sticks, instead the Timer Operator will ask for 3 spotters and those 3 will hold their own shotgun shells in their hand in place of the sticks.

·       We will have breakfast and lunch available for purchase. However, we ask that you go outside to eat. No inside dining.

·       Please bring exact money to pay for registration. This will limit the amount of times money is exchanged. Simply put, if you attended already this year and paid for Cowboy Membership, it’s $10, if you haven’t and need to pay your membership in addition to the match, it’s $20, if you only plan to shoot once at Tusco it’s $15. If it’s your first time ever shooting at Tusco, it’s Free, or if you have a Free match certificate.

·       Only one person at a time at the registration table. Once you register please head back outside.

·       We will have sanitizer at each stage.

·       Awards and Prizes will be handled a bit different as well. To be determined.

·       Please try to refrain from handshakes and hugs.

·       Give as much room as possible at the loading/unloading tables.

·       Even if you are not concerned about the Virus, please be considerate and respectful of others. 

·       If you do not feel well, please consider staying home. If you are “at risk” please consider staying home.

·       Following the SASS recommendations, we have a new range release form. We will need everyone to fill out a new range release form. Even if you have filled one out this year. You can find it on the website here: https://www.tuscolongriders.com/range-release There will be forms available at the range as well. But to cut down on contact, please bring a copy already filled out.

We are trying our best to do what we can to safely get back to the range. Please help us out.

It looks like it will be Hot this Saturday. We will have Water available. 

Planning on setting up 5 stages. You can shoot the first stage you shoot twice, taking your best time. Scoring 5 stages. 

Registration starts at approx. 8:45am, Safety meeting at 10am. 

We will not be accepting High Noon registration forms at the match. They have to be mailed to Prairie Dawg. This keeps everything fair for everyone.

Due to the extreme heat, Cowboy Dress is Optional for our July 4th match. 

Thank you, Buckaroo Bubba

My son's having a cookout with some family coming, gotta miss this one. I forgot all about it being the 4th OF JULY!!

Ya'll have fun now!!

6 hours ago, Hooligan Howes said:

I hope you need 15$ in nickels!

Nickels?  You must have hit the Jack Pot on one of them one armed bandits coming back from Smoke in the Woods.

I hope to see ya all there.

11 hours ago, Hooligan Howes said:

I hope you need 15$ in nickels!

Be prepared to be shorted, Bubba, Howes can no way count that many nickels!:wacko:

36 minutes ago, Laramie said:

Be prepared to be shorted, Bubba, Howes can no way count that many nickels!:wacko:

Maybe Howes started dancing on the side.... that would explain all the nickles...:lol:

5 minutes ago, Buckaroo Bubba said:

Hear that Howes? Bubba said dressing is optional! :ph34r::wacko:

I don't think Hooligan needs much encouragement, he acts on the spur of the moment.  But, some events we just don't talk about.

Thank you to everyone who came out to shoot with us on this HOT July 4th!

Congrats to IM Crossdraw our Top Overall Shooter and to BDOC our Top Ladies shooter on the day!

Scores are up: https://www.tuscolongriders.com/2020-scores

See you in August!

Bubba

Archived