SASS Wire Forum

Question for frontiersman or muzzleloader shooters

I have 92 of them just sitting here.  I use to use them for my 44 Cal. cap & ball revolver.  You can have all 92 of them for $20 shipped to the 48.  Let me know.

Nickel City Dude,

Pard, if Sgt. Hochbauer don't want them, I'll take 'em off your hands. Just PM me where to route the gold.

Thanks,

sold to Sgt. Hochbauer PM sent

I have been shooting Frontiersman for about twelve years and have never seen anyone using these at a match. I load out of a flask and don’t need to add any more steps. What is the purpose? I might have to try them if someone can explain a good reason to use them. Thanks, DC

On 7/2/2020 at 1:23 AM, Diamond Curly SASS#57086 said:

I have been shooting Frontiersman for about twelve years and have never seen anyone using these at a match. I load out of a flask and don’t need to add any more steps. What is the purpose? I might have to try them if someone can explain a good reason to use them. Thanks, DC

When I have Frontiersman questions, you and Yusta B are my two go-to people.

With that said, it was recommended to me when I first started asking about C&B, to buy some plastic tubes with caps to pre-load my powder prior to the match.  I bought the tubes but have never used them and have yet to shoot a match with C&B.

Would like to get an 1860 when I come home and start playing in the category.

I use those tubes right now and carry my pre-loads in a case as shown. I'd like to try the vinyl tubes as you can pour your powder and insert the ball in the tube to have almost complete load(short of the wad). 

Dakota

s-l1000.jpg

S&S Firearms

Regimental Quartermaster

Dixie Gum Works

Looking at this thread reminded me that I have a bunch (148) of these rascals. 

So as not to highjack this thread I'm going to list them in the classified along with some more Cap & Ball accessories that I'm not needing since I sold off all my cap pistols (ROA's).

DSC00012.thumb.JPG.ed8e744182163b951a53e5c5c2d6e7b6.JPG

2 hours ago, High Rock Drifter said:

Looking at this thread reminded me that I have a bunch (148) of these rascals. 

So as not to highjack this thread I'm going to list them in the classified along with some more Cap & Ball accessories that I'm not needing since I sold off all my cap pistols (ROA's).

DSC00012.thumb.JPG.ed8e744182163b951a53e5c5c2d6e7b6.JPG

Who ate all those Jelly Belly's??  :D

Archived