SASS Wire Forum

The older I get...

Dantankerous

20200629_154842.jpg

This has got to be the most hilarious yarn to have come out of Hollyweird in decades.  I played it for my oldest grandson and he wanted to watch it again.  The barroom scene is unique!  Heck, the whole thing is unique!  Felt sad when the lion died, but what a way to go for the two old brothers!

1 hour ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

This has got to be the most hilarious yarn to have come out of Hollyweird in decades.  I played it for my oldest grandson and he wanted to watch it again.  The barroom scene is unique!  Heck, the whole thing is unique!  Felt sad when the lion died, but what a way to go for the two old brothers!

I agree.  “Secondhand Lions”is a very good movie, which I always enjoy watching again from time to time.

But, I think the brothers gave the old Lion a good home, and she died very well, roaming free in her territory and protecting her charge (the young boy).

The two brothers died well too, reliving to an extent, their younger exploits.  PLUS, all the big lies they told turned out to be likely the truth, to the amazed amusement and satisfaction of their now-grown nephew.  

Cat Brules

2 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

The two brothers died well

Of course they did!  They flew through the barn INVERTED!  Will never forget the year Oklahoma Charlie invited us all for New Year's Eve (I got my noisemaker taken away from me - thanks a lot Stumpwater) and made us watch this movie.

There is an alternative ending which did not make it in the movies' release.  It's where the son of the sheik come in a big fancy helicopter, lands on the ranch and comes to pay his respects.  I got it on DVD but I don't know if it was shown elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

There is an alternative ending which did not make it in the movies' release.  It's where the son of the sheik come in a big fancy helicopter, lands on the ranch and comes to pay his respects.  I got it on DVD but I don't know if it was shown elsewhere.

This is the only ending I have seen.

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

This is the only ending I have seen.

I saw others they were trying out...But this was the best....Liked the part the kid gets it all....I always wondered if that included any treasure left under the barn????

Texas Lizard

Archived