SASS Wire Forum

Firefox or not?????????

Chili Ron

Howdy,

micro edge is telling me I need to upgrade and it looks to be a fuss.

A good friend suggested Firefox.

I used firefox back around 2002. I cant remember why I switched avay.

I must have had a reason but sitting here now, cant remember any.

So Firefox?

btw I really like my privacy. I avoid the real google because I hear 

they love to sell info.

I give it a week for suggestions. 

I will consider each.

Thanks aheadotime pards.

NON SASS is ok but carry less weight.

Best

CR

Firefox on 4 machines.

It allows your to choose to be notified when updates are available or update automatically.

I am a tell me it'sw available and let me do the update.

I like being 2 or 3 versions behind.

Hackers go after the newest versions.

All of Mine and Ours are MAC.  Been on Safari ever since we gave up the "MICROSOFT" CRAP.  Tried Firefox bot so no advantage over Safari.  Haven't even thought about it for .... years.

PS:  NO.  I understand this doesn't answer Chili Ron's question.  But it's all I got.  So There!

I had so many problems with firefox six or seven years ago - not running media or video not loading websites, (even though I kept it updated and still had to use third party add-ons, even then didn't work right), that I dropped it and went to Chrome. Then Chrome became so invasive that every website I visited showed up in terms of product advertising virtually immediately.  So I switched to Brave. Using Brave and DDG I no longer have issues with media or websites, and I don't see most adds and don't see any adds related to websites I've visited. Firefox may be fixed and working fine now, but I've no reason to go back at this point. Goodbye Edge and Explorer and Chrome and Firefox. I do have to use Edge to sign in remotely to work, but thankfully that is a twice a month thing. 

Firefox es muy bueno.

About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I started having prblems with Firefox.

Did some trouble shooting and found it was not Firefox.

I have Thunderbird e-mail and I have Yahoo free e-mail.

Tured out Yahoo screwed with their free e-mail service and it messed with Firefox.

My font size on net pages would change while using the browser.

Yahoo wants you to use their Paid version and has found a way to put in several Yahoo messages on your screen you have to delete before getting to your free e-mail service.

The screens you have to delete have what?

Ads on them of course.

Still with Firefox and thinking of ending Yahoo e-mail and going back to Thunderbird exclusively.

Howdy,

So it sounds like some pards use one brouser part of the time and

switch for some packages?

That sounds pretty tricky.

Could work I guess.

More comments welcome sure.

Best

CR

I use AOL and Firefox.  AOL because it's been my primary e-mail address since forever and I like how it easy it is to organize bookmarks of which I have hundreds.  I use Firefox for Facebook and other sites and most of my searches are through Firefox

Howdy,

I don't yahoo so no problem there.

And I sure don't hear many liking edge....

All help welcome.

Best

CR

I use Duck Duck Go for internet searches. They don't keep your info. (so they say):o

I use Brave almost exclusively with DuckDuckGo as a search engine. It allows you to do private searches if you so choose and automatically eliminates the ad blitz. It is similar to Firefox as some of the developers from each came from Mozilla I believe. I choose not to use Chrome because of the evil Google company. I use MS Outlook for email. I try to set up my laptop to keep privacy as much as possible. The tech companies are truly our worst enemies.

The wife uses Firefox. I would give Firefox another try, but don't know how to migrate all of my passwords. 

I use FireFox on both MACs and Uno uses FireFox on his PCs.  No issues from either one of us.  I use Safari on my phone and have Chrome available in case I need a remote visit with my Dr.  All running smoothly. 

Archived