SASS Wire Forum

The armed citizen protecting their property

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironically, they are personal injury attorneys.  The protesters were literally marching across the front lawn.

Not the tactic I would have used.

5 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Not the tactic I would have used.

A bit too visible I’d say.

:ph34r:

“Armed Citizen Acting Like A Fool”

There. I fixed the headline.

I don’t blame them for being aware of the situation and taking precautionary measures. But stepping outside the house and pointing presumably loaded guns at people was highly inappropriate, and could have rapidly escalated the situation. 

sad to see a guy PINK shirt  having to defend his  home  but after the riots 2 weeks I  just ask why his wife did not have a shotgun 

aim for the dork knot 

A pretty good analysis, in my opinion. I will say that if, as they claim, someone had a gun or there were multiple people with guns, they were idiots for not finding some type of cover.

8 hours ago, DocWard said:

A pretty good analysis, in my opinion. I will say that if, as they claim, someone had a gun or there were multiple people with guns, they were idiots for not finding some type of cover.

He pretty much nailed it.

Well... the couples reaction stopped the threatening  trespassers  didn’t it?

Evidently the threatening trespassers understood the armed emotionally charged homeowners better than a Police Officer’s political correct ordered stance.

I don’t think they had any real choice other than to stay in their home or to arm themselves and threaten the attackers with death, and be willing to back up their threats with action.

That’s all cowards understand.  The rioting looters had already broken down the closed, locked community gate, entered the jointly owned, private enclave, and thereby entered their home!  A considerable more looters came in right behind the original bunch, into the gated housing enclave..  

The thugs threatened the man and his wife, and threatened to kill their animals and burn their home....this, after breaking down (destroying) the housing area security gate.  The thugs were told that they were on private property and told to get out/leave.  Those warnings were met with anger, hostility, threats and no inclination to leave the fenced, private housing enclave.

This man and wife were in considerable danger of being killed, not to mention having their home burned and their animals killed by a swarming gang of blood thirsty, crazed, rioting looters

Personally?  That mob would have been two wrong steps away from having 2 or more of them being killed.  I would not have walked out the door with the weapon unless I had no fewer than 3 thirty round magazines or 6 fifteen round mags.  

The police?  What police?  They had their chance early on, and should have shut down that mob then, but did not.

Cat Brules

Not everyone is trained for situations like this. They did what they thought was right to protect themselves. I applaud them and stand behind them 100%

4 minutes ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Who is gonna read the protesters their Mirana Rites.

Largo

Warning: You have the rite to get off my property. If you give up that rite, I have the rite to protect it.

Chase

Looks like another "staged" media event.

There is so much going on now … the media seems to be running out of material that is sufficiently  provocative and/or shocking.

This one seems to be doing a good job of provoking the extremes on both sides of gun ownership.

It's right up there with the ones the last few days that are saying "now" you may not get COVID medical care if you are too old/infirm etc … (cause you are using up limited resources).

Irresponsible news fanning the flames of hate/anger/worry … doing their part to "formulate public opinion" …

Huntley and Brinkley must be setting in hell watching all of this …  :mellow:

Well, they did get the message across to the protesters not to mess with their stuff.  I don't blame them one bit.  I'm not going to stand by and let a mob destroy my stuff and harm my loved ones, including my dog.  They'll be the ones calling the police to protect them.

1 hour ago, Patagonia Pete said:

There is so much going on now … the media seems to be running out of material that is sufficiently  provocative and/or shocking.

This one seems to be doing a good job of provoking the extremes on both sides of gun ownership.

It's right up there with the ones the last few days that are saying "now" you may not get COVID medical care if you are too old/infirm etc … (cause you are using up limited resources).

Irresponsible news fanning the flames of hate/anger/worry … doing their part to "formulate public opinion" …

What make you think it was a staged event? This is a real thing that happened! Show me proof that it was staged please?:blink:

5 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

What make you think it was a staged event? This is a real thing that happened! Show me proof that it was staged please?:blink:

+1

Didn't look staged to me. If it was, the homeowners had no part of the staging.....they were too scared and careless with their firearms. I do believe that they are lucky that no one was shot. I think they would have a hard time defending themselves in court.

1 minute ago, Cypress Sun said:

+1

Didn't look staged to me. If it was, the homeowners had no part of the staging.....they were too scared and careless with their firearms. I do believe that they are lucky that no one was shot. I think they would have a hard time defending themselves in court.

I think they'll do fine, they're both defense attorneys! 

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I think they'll do fine, they're both defense attorneys! 

I was only referring to if any one had been shot. One can never know what verdict a jury would have....especially these days.

Just now, Cypress Sun said:

I was only referring to if any one had been shot. One can never know what verdict a jury would have....especially these days.

Gotcha!! ;) Might be hard to find a jury to defend them unless they were actually being attacked.

Yeah, they need training.  Especially the female.

That said, being confronted by 300+ people trespassing on private property, threatening to burn your house is quite enough justification to arm yourself.  

Wow, what a lot of modern lefty replies on the wire.  <_<

In Idaho, the couple has the right to defend themselves and their property with deadly force. Earlier, we gave very short notice to protestors who decided to bring their BS over the border to Washington.  :P

It appear that even some SASS pards have been emasculated. :angry:

IDAHO IS WHAT AMERICA WAS.   :D

I applaud their restraint.  The lawless mob communicated a credible threat to kill the couple and destroy their property.  You don't have to wait for the fist to hit your face or the knife to touch your ribs.  The next people threatened by the mob may not be so nice.

Several attorneys in my family. All agree on one thing, "Anyone who represents themselves in court has a fool for a client."

But, it should be noted that despite all the aforementioned flaws of training or trigger discipline/muzzle awareness and just overall looking ridiculous, that couple successfully defended hearth and home from a violent intruder. That's not nothing.

53 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I don't know ... I guess it "must" really be on the level.

In any case .. the article is doing it's work ... I am standing by ... waiting for a report of an incident with real bullets being exchanged. 

As far as this one ...

There were apparently a lot of armed and dangerous people in the mob that tolerated having a gun pointed at them ... (wow ... whats it take??!?) ... and there was a gate "near the home" that was broken. Although .... the article said it was not known when the gate was actually damaged.

... AND ... There was a lot of information in the police report ... (the article said the frightened homeowners were not even mentioned ???) ... 

2 hours ago, Patagonia Pete said:

I disagree.  The greater St Louis area is a cauldron of boiling oil waiting for another match to light it off.  There have been racial and economic tensions there for a long time.  Any chance "protestors", agitators, or any other group looking to advance their agenda get for attention and to make their cases known, they will take it. 

11 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

I don't know ... I guess it "must" really be on the level.

In any case .. the article is doing it's work ... I am standing by ... waiting for a report of an incident with real bullets being exchanged. 

As far as this one ...

There were apparently a lot of armed and dangerous people in the mob that tolerated having a gun pointed at them ... (wow ... whats it take??!?) ... and there was a gate "near the home" that was broken. Although .... the article said it was not known when the gate was actually damaged.

... AND ... There was a lot of information in the police report ... (the article said the frightened homeowners were not even mentioned ???) ... 

The media is out to hang these armed citizens that’s for sure!

I applaud the home owners for protecting their property from armed trespassers. I really believe that this is a precursor of things to come if the liberal mobs of "peaceful" protesters continue to infringe on the rights of citizens. I'm afraid before this is over there will be blood shed and we could be having another civil war. I hope I am wrong, but I stand ready to protect me and mine. Don't mess with this cowboy!

AG

So...the police did not intervene, why? 

Vandalism, by breaking down the security gate.

Trespassing, by coming on to private property.

Are these things now not against the law?

When the private citizen cannot get the police to act, for whatever reason, or excuse, then the citizen has to step into the role of someone that upholds the law, and protects himself, his family, and his home.  We all have to do that, when we do call the police, and in the time gap between when we call them, and when they arrive on the scene...if they arrive. 

Some of these "protestors" are going to have to learn a hard lesson.  That there are consequences for their actions, that may be severe. 

Vandalism, and trespassing, and plain old stealing, is NOT the same thing as peaceful protests.  

Dr. King got more accomplished by peaceful protesting, than he ever would have, had he resorted to what we have seen in the last few weeks.  He would be so ashamed. If he were alive, he would have stood against all this and probably would have had the power and respect from everyone to shut it down in it's tracks.

W.K.

The protesters are blessed to be in a nation that gives them the for peaceful assembly.  There are no rights that negate the destruction, trespassing and threatening laws that they are breaking.

These two homeowners have terrible gun handling skills, but I am not sure that I would have had their patience if I felt threatened.

911: What's your emergency?

Me: None, now.  There is some paperwork and clean up to do.

The Mob wasn’t attacking them. They reacted out of fear and ignorance. They could have escalated the situation until it was out of control. If a “mob” should meander on to my place I would handle things differently and still adequately protect myself and property.

I got the impression the threats came after the homeowners stepped outside with their guns. Big difference. 

I also don’t recall seeing where property was damaged other than the gate. Despicable yes, but In my state that’s a property crime that doesn’t justify brandishing a weapon or lethal use of force. “Get off my lawn” won’t hold up in court, no matter how much we’d like it to. 

Archived