SASS Wire Forum

transmission control module

Perro Del Diablo

Friday on way home from work got on 2005 Silverado 2500HD to get onto freeway. Seemed to miss then lose power. Miss in diesel really not good. Wouldn't get over 50 so got off shut it down for few minutes. fired up and it ran ok to get home. Got my scanner to check engine light and a P0700 code came up. Checked what it was for and its for the TCM well got it on order from rock auto form$550 when gets here will have go in let tech install and program it. It will drive but not shifting good so I'm driving the old truck for now.

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

That's less than one payment on a new 2500HD. 

I know.  Trying to make you feel better.:rolleyes:

That is how I determine when it is time to purchase a new truck. When the old one starts costing too many new truck payments each year then I know its time to replace it.

Sorry to hear that Diablo. I know what you mean. My 2002 Chevy S10 ZR2 has finally ticked me off enough that it’s going away very soon. Headed over now to pay $400 to find out the engine is pretty much shot. It’ll drive but won’t take any rough treatment. Grrrr

Thing has been nickel and diming me for 4 years. It’s time for it to go. I’d shoot it but it needs to last me a couple more weeks. 

Perro,

Silly question, but have you checked the fluid level in the transmission?  Is it possible the transmission is in "limp" mode due to a low level of ATF?

Red Wolf

9 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Perro,

Silly question, but have you checked the fluid level in the transmission?  Is it possible the transmission is in "limp" mode due to a low level of ATF?

Red Wolf

Due for change but level is good. Symptoms are similar to low fluid slip

Been there, done that, with a 2008 HD. Company truck, repaired at Chevy garage for a LOT more than $500. Oil pressure sending unit is another EXPENSIVE part to replace on them as well. Have to disassemble the top part of the engine to do that one. Thing runs like a beast, but if it gets sick is a big money hole:rolleyes::blink::blush:

Shift module went out on my 2000 Silverado on the way home from EOT in 2006.  Was a really rough 1300 mile ride home, but my then brother in law, who was my mechanic, said drive it in.  $300 later it was back to new.  Myself or my son drove that truck until last year when the boy traded it for a nearly new Dodge Ram.  

5 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Been there, done that, with a 2008 HD. Company truck, repaired at Chevy garage for a LOT more than $500. Oil pressure sending unit is another EXPENSIVE part to replace on them as well. Have to disassemble the top part of the engine to do that one. Thing runs like a beast, but if it gets sick is a big money hole:rolleyes::blink::blush:

No doubt there

Archived