SASS Wire Forum

UPS deliveries

longcolt 14205L

Howdy all

just wondering if anyone knows if UPS is having any specific problems with there deliveries? I ordered some parts from Brownells about the 16th or 17th. The shipment left Brownells on time and it’s been sitting in Brooklyn hrs Mn. Since the 19th. I just wrote UPS and Brownells and was told that’s neither have any idea when my package will come to me. 
any ideas?

thanks for any info. 
longcolt

Yeah I had a few issues with UPS items sitting in shipping area for awhile due to issues dealing with the virus. They seem like they have fewer workers than usual. Be patient your parts will get their. Took a few weeks to get parts from Taylor's when I ordered them and it was due to shipping.

Rafe

If the package got lost (or stolen), UPS will eventually flag it, perhaps first with a "delayed" status.

If the label got damaged, the same will happen but perhaps sooner.

But if is a ground shipment and the expected delivery is still in the future, it may sit waiting for more packages going in the right direction or for room on a truck with higher-priority packages.

Basic question, what is the projected delivery date? Is it still in the future?

Since March I've watched UPS ground delivery times vary from normal to more than double, and it varies greatly from shipment to shipment even on the same route and day.  I had two separate orders leave the same location at same time last week, both addressed to my home.  One arrived Thursday.  The other is not even showing yet in the UPS system although it shows shipped on the retailers system.  And I have another shipment that has been showing ready for pickup by UPS for more than a week.  UPS has become a major Charlie Foxtrot.

I had the same problem ordered a part from  Brownell's  left there on time. 

Package missed delivery date. Called Brownell's they said they didn't know when it would be delivered.

It sat at a post office for 5 days . Post office is 60 miles away.

An order from Midway shipped UPS Inovations (think the same as Sure Post)   Midway shipped right away.  Made nearly to Canadian border in 2 days from time of order,  Then transferred to Post Office 40 miles away  Sat there for a week before they bothered to deliver.       GW

My son ordered a new barrel ,had it shipped to  his home

It made it to his city and then sat  at his local UPS for three days before it was delivered.

It took less time to travel across the country than it did to travel across town.

Just a word of caution about deliveries from UPS, FedEx, and the Post Office:  According to guidelines from CDC, the virus can live on cardboard for 24 hours. Not sure about paper.  What my wife and I do is to have packages delivered to our front porch and leave them there for at least 24 hours before handling them.  Then, we put on gloves and masks and carefully open the packages, remove the contents.  Supposedly, the virus can live on plastic for 72 hours (3 days), so we wait with plastic before handling.  Why the precautions?  Because a lot of the people handling the packages may or may not wear masks and gloves...especially gloves!  Maybe we are being paranoid, but that doesn't mean something can't go wrong!

28 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Just a word of caution about deliveries from UPS, FedEx, and the Post Office:  According to guidelines from CDC, the virus can live on cardboard for 24 hours. Not sure about paper.  What my wife and I do is to have packages delivered to our front porch and leave them there for at least 24 hours before handling them.  Then, we put on gloves and masks and carefully open the packages, remove the contents.  Supposedly, the virus can live on plastic for 72 hours (3 days), so we wait with plastic before handling.  Why the precautions?  Because a lot of the people handling the packages may or may not wear masks and gloves...especially gloves!  Maybe we are being paranoid, but that doesn't mean something can't go wrong!

Local restaurant. Waitress has gloves. Waitress has face mask on. The health department has ordered these measures to protect the population...

Waitress takes cash from previous customer. She has gloves so she is safe. Then next order, she puts ice in cup, fills with soda, picks up cup cap and puts it on, picks up straw, napkins, and puts those in bag with food. Tells next customer the amount while wiping her forehead with the same gloves used to handle straw, napkins, cup, cup lid, food, bag, and the previous customer's cash, and her forehead... And she also adjusts her face mask because she has been wearing it all day and it is damp and uncomfortable.  Do you feel safe because of her gloves and mask? I don't.

So for what it is worth, all packages and mail and non-perishable groceries spend plenty of time in quarantine. And I wash my hands immediately after handling anything. And I consider the door handles (inside and out) of my car, as well as the steering wheel, gear shift, and all other controls and surfaces as contaminated with Sars-CoV-2, the common cold, Hep A and B and C, and Influenza, plus Ebola, and those damn Cooties are on everything. Definitely don't want Cooties!

Wash your hands and remember to think. And simply refuse to buy the food from that waitress.

I don't know how some people can stand living...

Longcolt - get outta Laguna (though I still have a house there...:ph34r:), and move to Colorado. We get our packages with no real big delays...and most of us actually aren't living scared.

Phantom

6 hours ago, longcolt 14205L said:

Howdy all

just wondering if anyone knows if UPS is having any specific problems with there deliveries? I ordered some parts from Brownells about the 16th or 17th. The shipment left Brownells on time and it’s been sitting in Brooklyn hrs Mn. Since the 19th. I just wrote UPS and Brownells and was told that’s neither have any idea when my package will come to me. 
any ideas?

thanks for any info. 
longcolt

YES - the deliveries from UPS, FedEx and USPS have all been suspect for staying on projected delivery dates. Just be patient your package will eventually get there. 

5 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

There're impacted...but not by that much.

It's probably because you live in Laguna...

:o:lol::P

You got it good in Laguna, my parts left VTI on 04 May.......................................................... NOPE still havent arrived:(

I know, its my fault for living in Australia:P Where we are always scared, but with good reason:blink:

imagesLD7TR8VF.jpg

32 minutes ago, Major Crimes said:

You got it good in Laguna, my parts left VTI on 04 May.......................................................... NOPE still havent arrived:(

I know, its my fault for living in Australia:P Where we are always scared, but with good reason:blink:

imagesLD7TR8VF.jpg

I hate spiders...

13 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I hate spiders...

I'm not real keen on them when they are that big myself.

I bought myself a Double Rifle in 45/70 but I may have to go up a calibre or two:D

Didn’t Gilligan have a pet bird that scared away the big spider on the island?

Someone with good Google skills (I have none) could check it out.

Then our Australian pards could import a bird or two....

problem solved

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

7 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Didn’t Gilligan have a pet bird that scared away the big spider on the island?

Someone with good Google skills (I have none) could check it out.

Then our Australian pards could import a bird or two....

problem solved

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Oh we have plenty of "Birds" in Australia but they arent real keen on the spiders either:wub:

imagesK7MMKR48.jpg

39 minutes ago, longcolt 14205L said:

Hi gang

well I appreciate the info on UPS I’ll never sleep again after seeing that damn spider. 

It's OK, he would make a good pillow. Sleep tight, and don't let the.......never mind.:rolleyes:

I have been shipping a LOT with UPS lately and have had no delays...(cowboy cartridges).  I create label and it tells me when package will arrive and ...it does. Cancel the order and place another one!

Big hugs!

Scarlett

I ordered some goodies out of Singapore, parcel left on the 5th May...tracking number says still 'in flight'...dang plane must be going in circles & must be fueling up mid air !!

I ordered from Brownell's on June 18, 1 item, it shipped on June 22 via UPS Mail Innovations.  UPS transferred it to the USPS in Jacksonville FL on June 25.  It has not moved since then.  Here I thought the USPS terminal in Pensacola was the problem.

2 other packages ordered that day from another vendor, shipped from Ohio to me via UPS.  One was delivered on the 22nd, the other on the 23rd - they never left UPS custody.

Holler

On 6/28/2020 at 7:51 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

imagesLD7TR8VF.jpg

OMG!!  Get a saddle for that thing!! :o

The USPS deliveries here have been on time, matching the promised delivery dates. FedEx is usually two days behind and their tracking is a useless mess of lies.  UPS is usually from on time to two days late.  Their tracking and that of the USPS are about equal.

The leg up that USPS has is the priority flat rate shipping!!  Cheaper and faster and WAAAY more reliable in my experience!

6 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

The USPS deliveries here have been on time, matching the promised delivery dates. FedEx is usually two days behind and their tracking is a useless mess of lies.  UPS is usually from on time to two days late.  Their tracking and that of the USPS are about equal.

The leg up that USPS has is the priority flat rate shipping!!  Cheaper and faster and WAAAY more reliable in my experience!

LOL.  I had a flat rate box priority mail take what felt like 6 weeks to get to me from Kentucky.  OK, I checked my records so as to be accurate, 16 days is what it actually took.  Most of it sitting in some depot gathering dust by the looks of the tracking.

12 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

I ordered some goodies out of Singapore, parcel left on the 5th May...tracking number says still 'in flight'...dang plane must be going in circles & must be fueling up mid air !!

Mohawk, it aint much better when it does land.

Mine showed it departed Melb on 17 Jun but didnt arrive in Sydney til 30 Jun?

I reckon I could have walked it home quicker (its about 880km for our US pards)

I rang Aust post and lodged a query on the 28th of Jun, it started moving the next day?

Not saying it prompted someone to look but who knows?

Archived