SASS Wire Forum

Need a rifle for a buckaroo

I need a rifle for my grandson. Something like a 92 in 38/357. I have a 73 but it's still too heavy for him to be comfortable.  Let me know what you have. 

Buffalo,

I have a Rosi '92 in .38. The stock has been cut down and I added a bit to it so it fit me better and it has some work done on the action which is very smooth. It is somewhat picky about the length of the ammo.  It is my back up rifle and I haven't used it years so maybe I find it a good home.

WW

40 minutes ago, W.W. Saltwater said:

Buffalo,

I have a Rosi '92 in .38. The stock has been cut down and I added a bit to it so it fit me better and it has some work done on the action which is very smooth. It is somewhat picky about the length of the ammo.  It is my back up rifle and I haven't used it years so maybe I find it a good home.

WW

What oal of ammo does it like? What were you thinking for a price?

On 6/28/2020 at 11:44 AM, Buffalo Sam Peed #66990 said:

What oal of ammo does it like? What were you thinking for a price?

We have a rossi 92 and Winchester 73. We load our own 38spl and oal length is 1.46-1.435 on a Lee turret press. Everything has cycled fine for us. Either 105gn/125gn rnfp

Just a “Hey” to Buffalo Sam Peed!  Good to see you are still around!   Hope you and your kin can come south and shoot with us sometime!

:)

5 hours ago, Happy Appy said:

Sam I have a 66 carbine that be a nice rifle for him 

Thanks for the offer but I'm afraid that's going to be a bit out of the budget.  We are hoping to stay in the $500 range. 

18 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Just a “Hey” to Buffalo Sam Peed!  Good to see you are still around!   Hope you and your kin can come south and shoot with us sometime!

:)

Hey J-Bar!!! Yep you can't get rid of me that easy...LOL

Archived